He's Greece

“You are the leader, and the leader takes responsibility”

Leader...

What's the point of it anyway?

Like you can't be independent with it.

From the very beginning, I always thought that the only way to gain my independence is to become a leader. A leader that everyone looks up, admires and loves.

But I guess I am so wrong...

~

“Let me out you mongrels!! You'll regret doing this to me! I'll kill you! Murder you!” I yelled as I tried to break the metal bars that is prisoned me.

“Oh no, no, your highness, you should be the one that should regret. Your the one that became the king and the reason why you're here, you actually believed in me...you really do trust me” The woman, known as Medusa, spoke with amusement. Her high heels echoed through the chamber as she left with some men who used to work with me.

“You don't have to torture and murder me, your highness, let regret and your selfishness consume you, one by one, your beloved will be the one” She smirked evilly as she and the men went out of the chamber, locking the metal door.

I fell onto my knees as tears flows down to my cheeks.

I regret it...

I regret it..

I regret it!

I REGRET IT SO MUCH!!

With anger and regret in my heart, I punch the rocky flooring of the prison. I punch and punch till blood slowly crept on my hands. Tears still keep flowing, has no plans of stopping.

“W-why...?” I said in the shakiest and lowest tone yet, “...why didn't I listen to them...? Is it because I was blind by my selfishness? Or is it because of my own desire of independence...” I crawled into a ball, in the dark and empty chamber, there, a boy so hopeless, and that hopeless boy is me...

Many years ago, I dreamed of being independent and rule a country, just like my father. Even though my father said that I should be one when the time is right, I complained about that and went to my room, locking myself.

Being a ruler seems very fun, so fun that everyone admires you, loves you, and supports you. I buried my head on my soft pillow, just then, I heard a knock on the door.

“Your highness? Is everything alright?” She let herself in, “Were you okay your highness?”

“Uhmm...yes, kind of” Medusa, a very good maid who works in the castle. She's my fathers trusted maid and I could feel that I trust her too. She went up close to me and sat down beside me.

She slowly stroke my hair, a way of comforting me. “Did the king said something your not supposed to hear?” She ask calmly, I told her about what had happened and she chuckled, slightly.

“What? Don't you also believe that?”

She shook her head, “No, I am just saying that your father is wrong, you are a worthy leader, right from the moment you were born. Your father is just telling false lies, afraid that you'll replaced the thrown and his rights will gradually fade” She explained.