Scars and Bruises

{Dew's Point of View}

They were planning a freaking funeral. And I was the only one freaking concerned that scars and bruises were appearing on her body. She wasn't dead. Her soul was still alive. Somewhere bad. Somewhere where they were hurting her. Maybe Hell.

I tried to mind link her, for the five-thousandth time, but she didn't respond. Typical. She wouldn't want me to know what was happening or what they were doing to her.

"Calm down son. She would want a funeral," my dad whispered to me. "Her parents wanted you to help with it. Make her happy."

"She would want someone to find out where she went and save her! Have you not seen the freaking scars and bruises appearing on her beautiful skin? She's being tortured! She's not dead."

"Son-"

"He's right," someone said, coming up to us. Tyler nodded his head at me, silently apologizing. "She's in trouble. I can sense it."

"I'm going to find her. And help her."

"Count us in," Tyler said, motioning behind him. Bay, Ryan, Lukas, Erin, and a few other ninjas stepped forward.

"Can one of you open portals?" Erin stepped forward, grinning grimly.

"Open portals, talk to the dead, control the dead, etc. I'm one of Hades' descendants. I have a feeling she's in the Underworld."

***
{Eliz's Point Of View}

"My parents?" My voice came out weak and defeated. Which ones?

"The human ones. They thought if I would have you when they died, they could get away with sinning. Of course, I let them believe that. But they're still coming to the Underworld when they die."

"They traded me over for themselves?"

"Of course they did. Didn't you know that humans are greedy and willing to sacrifice anything, even their children?" Hades replied. "Makes my job easier. I don't even have to stray them. It's in their nature."

"Why would you make the deal?"

"Your soul is pure. It's been a long time since I've had a human with a pure soul come here. At first I wanted a companion while Persephone is away, since she's pure as well, but then I decided that I would change you."

"Change me?" He grinned evilly. "Your soulmate won't want you back when you're scarred, bruised, and not pure hearted. When I'm done with you, your soul will be mine, no longer pure. You'll be greedy, like the rest of the humans. You'll automatically come to my world when you die for real. Your heart will be black. And you won't have a soulmate."

"Why are you doing this to me?"

"I've always wanted a light controller in my dark realm."