The New Leech

{Dew's Point of View}

Eliz and I stood outside Lukas' hospital room. Her brother, Blaze, had almost killed him when she had gotten to them. I knew she felt guilty that her family had targeted him and that she had to kill her brother.

The nurse came out, letting in Eliz. "He called for her," she explained to me. I nodded and the middle aged woman smiled grimly at me. "I'll show you to the waiting room. I'll get you when one of the patients' wants you." I followed her to the room. I scanned the room.

There was only a few people in the waiting room besides me, all spread out. I sat down away from all of them and pulled out my sketch book. I pulled another pencil from my backpack and closed my eyes.

I needed a good memory of Eliz. I wanted to sketch her, happy. My mind latched on to when I told her that I was her soulmate. She had looked so beautiful and amazing then, so happy. Of course, she looked like that everyday, but things keep getting in the way of her happiness.

I began to sketch her beautiful face, putting in as much detail as I could, from memory. Which was all of it. The little freckles on her tiny nose, faded. The smile lines, the frown lines. Everything.

"Oh, she's pretty. Is she your sister?" An unfamiliar woman's voice whispered in my ear, looking over my shoulder at my sketch of Eliz.

"She's not pretty. She's gorgeous. Beautiful. And no, she's my girlfriend," I explained curtly, scooting away from her. She scooted with me. Her hand stroked my arm, her fingers trailing lightly.

"Is she in here? What happened?" Her harpy voice continued, making me look at her. She looked like she wanted Eliz to be in critical condition, or dead.

"Her friend was attacked. She's visiting him," I replied, glaring at her. She flinched back, my hostility scaring her.

"Her friend is a him? Wow. Does that mean..." She arched her eyebrow, winking.

"You are not asking me if my girlfriend is cheating on me, or that I'm open to cheating on her with you," I spat out. Her eyes widened at the amount of venom in my voice.

"But baby! We belong together!" She screeched in a shrill voice. I stood up.

"You're making a scene," I growled at her. "I don't know who the hell you are, but I have a girlfriend. Elizabelle and I belong together. Not you and I." Her eyes widened with disbelief.

"That sorry excuse of a ninja and goddess doesn't deserve someone like you," she hissed, forgetting about everyone around her.

I opened my mouth to retort, but someone cut in before I could. "I may not deserve someone as perfect as Dew, but a stupid Barbie wannabe bimbo like yourself doesn't even deserve to kiss the gum he walks on," Eliz piped in calmly, her fists clenched in anger. Her words were verbal slaps to the girl.

The girl's eyes narrowed, a threat clear in them, as she turned back to me. Eliz growled, but she ignored her. "Ife," she whispered in a voice I knew she had used on thousands of boys and worked on them, not me, as she rubbed my arm with her fingers in a way I knew was supposed to be seductive but wasn't. "I'll see you later, Dew. Maybe the next time we meet, your girlfriend isn't there to restrict us." She spat out girlfriend like it was a horrible word.

"Goodbye, Ife," Eliz cut in, her voice devoid of all emotion. Ife smiled at her nastily, before turning on her six inch heels. She flipped her blonde hair dramatically and stormed away. She retreated with her tail between her legs, forgive my wolf reference.

Eliz glared at her retreating back. "Bimbo," I heard her mutter in an irritated voice. She turned to see me looking at her, my eyes wide with awe. "What? She was coming onto my soulmate and you don't come on to Elizabelle Morgan's soulmate."

"I never knew you could be so verbally violent," I breathed out, leaning down to kiss her. Her eyes lit up as she pressed her lips to mine.

"Just wait. If the Barbie wannabe bimbo with no brain comes around you again and tries to come onto you, I might not use my words to get her away from my man."

As I leaned down to kiss her again, the nurse from before appeared. She arched her grayish brown eyebrow, grinning at us. "Lukas would like to see you, Dewy," she said. I groaned at the nickname, but followed her anyways, leaving Eliz to herself.