Prisoner

{Eliz's Point Of View}

Hades grinned at me. His eyes burned black as he motioned me forward. "Let's take a tour of the Underworld. Sadly Persephone has left for spring." I followed him hesitantly. He motioned around. "Welcome to, as you called it, Hell. Now. Let's go to my home." He beckoned me to a mansion.

He sat down in a throne made of skulls. He motioned for me to sit down on a smaller throne made of skulls. I sat down hesitantly, my back sinking into the skulls. It was surprisingly soft and comfortable. A little skeleton man came in, sneered at me, and went to Hades. Hades and the little man talked forever. I leaned back into the comfy throne, my eyes closing. I would just take a little nap.

***

A burning sensation on my cheek woke me up. Someone had smacked me awake. I glared at whoever it was. As my eyes focused, I found myself glaring at Hades. He grinned evilly at me.

"Did I mention sleeping wasn't allowed in my kingdom? Punishment." He grabbed my arm and pulled me to a dungeon. "No food. No water. Whipping. Have a nice day." He left the dungeon. Two skeleton minions grinned at me evilly, holding a rope. I was chained, facing the pitch black wall.

***

The next few days, anything I did was wrong. I was whipped until my back was bloody and scarred. I didn't eat or drank anything. I was being punished.

Until one morning, afternoon, or night, (I had lost all sense of time in a kingdom that the sun never shines) he pulled me out of the dungeon.

"Learn your lessons?"

"Don't come to the Underworld when you die," I said. His eyes flashed. His hand struck my face again. Another bruise.

"Anyways. I'm ready to tell you why you're here."

"Why?"

"Your parents made a little deal with me, or should I say, the Devil."