Disease pt.1 -f.b

inspired by "It Comes At Night"

(your pov)

Now Playing:

                     Exit Music (for a film)
Radiohead
                     0:01  ─────── 4:28
                                     Ⅱ      
                  Volume: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100

                            Young Men Dead
                            The Black Angels
                     0:01  ─────── 5:32
                                     Ⅱ      
                  Volume: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100
__________________________________

It was late at night, when I heard a knock on the cabin door. I quickly put on my mask and got my gun. I quickly but quietly walked down the stairs and toward the back red door. I slowly started to reach toward the knob. I finally got a hold of it and opened it quickly, stepping back, with my gun pointing to the object.

"woah! hey, it's just me." my boyfriend finney said, whisper-shouting. I only lowered my gun a tiny bit. he closed the door and took off his mask to prove he was him, and that he wasn't infected. I lowered my gun and took off my mask. "you were supposed to knock three times." I said, while looking at him. "sorry, I forgot." he said walking past me and going upstairs.

I shook my head as I went to follow him. I went to our room and saw him undressing. "did you find anything?" I asked. he turned around, while fully dressed. "not really. just a road going south from here. it's pretty long. I didn't get to go all the way." he said while flopping down on the bed and signaling me to join him. I hesitantly walked over to the bed and laid down next to him.

"maybe one of us can take the truck and find the end to it, so we can get outta here. but one of us will have to stay here for the time being to look after the cabin." I said, hugging his waist. he placed his arm around me. "I know. but one of us can get hurt, and it's pretty risky." "I know but we'll have to take our chances." I said picking my head up to look at him.

he gave me a kiss on my forehead. "go to bed. we'll talk about it in the morning. you need to sleep." he said, about to turn off the light. "wait." I said. he stopped and looked at me. "could you leave it on." I asked. "sure, my love." he said while smiling. I placed my head back on his chest and he put his head on top of mine. "good night, beautiful." he said. "good night." I said smiling.

<1:am>

I sat up from the bed. I looked around the room, unsure what to do. I looked behind me, to see a sleeping finney. I smiled to myself. I thought for a moment. I didn't realize I had gotten off the bed until a reached the top of the stairs. I grabbed a lantern that was next to the stairs and held it up.

I heard a type of whisper, calling my name. I slowly started to walk down the stairs. it kept calling me. the closer I got, the more aggressive it became. I came to the end of the stairs and looked around. the voices had stopped. I held up the lantern a little higher to see better, as it was pitch dark.

I didn't see or hear anything. it was quiet. too quiet.

BANG!!

BANG!!