part 10- date night

-Y/N POV-

I stared at myself in the mirror after touching up my makeup. I felt guilty for saying yes to a date with Soap, it wasn't like I was cheating or anything but my heart no matter how much I told myself I was over him, still belong to Simon.

I fixed my fixed my shirt and sighed. It's just a movie anyways, it's not a big deal. I pinched my cheeks to snap myself out of the guilty feelings I was having.

"You deserve this. You don't owe him anything." I told myself out loud.

I walked into the Common room where Soap was waiting.

"Ready?" Soap smiled at me.

Roach and Price were sitting on the couch.

"Make sure you have her home at a decent time." Price teased.

"Yeah, no funny business either." Roach added in. I felt my cheeks flush pink.

"Knock it off, we're just friends." I huffed.

Soap's smile fell a little at my words, but he held his arm out to me. "Let's get going before we miss it."

As we were walking towards the door, Ghost walked into the room.

"Where are you going?" He glared at Soap.

"Out." I pushed Soap out the door before anything could occur. Last thing I wanted was them to start a fight again.

"I think you hurt his feelings." Soap chuckled as we walked outside.

"Fuck his feelings." I continued to drag Soap down the street. I mean he didn't care about my feelings.

"That's my girl." Soap threw his arm around me. "Also don't turn around now but we have a shadow."

I cursed under my breath. "He's a fucking stalker now."

"Creepy, ain't?" Soap looked over his shoulder.

"Very." Part of me was kinda of happy that Ghost was pissed, serves him right, the other part of me felt horrible for making him hurt. If he was even hurt that is. "He's pissing me off."

"I can make it worse." Soap's eyes twinkled mischievously.

"For the love of God, don't Johnny." I was curious about what Soap would do but also didn't want to start anything.

"He might start leaving you alone though." Soap pulled me closer by my shoulders.

"Fine." I knew I was going to regret saying that.

Soap stopped walking and pulled me closer. I caught a glimpse of Ghost ducking into the shadows.

Little too late for that buddy.

Soap leaned in and kissed me gently, every part of me screamed for me to push him away, that this was wrong. I didn't care.

Fuck Simon. He deserves it.

I kissed Soap back, adding salt to whatever wound Ghost felt he was entitled too.

Soap smiled before pulling away. "I definitely think that did it."

I listened for a moment, complete silence. "Hm, maybe." I moved away from Soap. "Hey shit head, you still there?!" I yelled to the darkness.

Nothing, no movement, no sound just silence.

"I guess it did work." I shrugged and Soap put his arm around me once more.

"I'm so dead later." Soap was proud of himself as we continued to the movies.

-After the movies-

After the movie we returned to the Barracks, everyone was still up sitting around the common room.

"Have fun?!" Price shouted over his shoulder, focused on the video game him and Gav were playing.

"Mhm!" I hummed and slipped into my room before the teasing began.

I slid into my PJs when there was a knock at the door. "It's open!" I yelled.

The door opened and Simon slid into the room, shutting the door behind him.

"Can we talk?"

"Nah, I got better things to do." I grabbed a book of my nightstand quickly and pretended to start reading it.

Something fell from the pages, a chain with an engagement ring. I had been using it as a bookmark. I held my breath hoping Ghost didn't notice.

"You still have it?" Ghost picked up off the floor.

"Ah, yeah, um you can have it back." I wanted to snatch it from his hands. It was mine, that was all I had left of the Simon I knew. Ghost maybe him but My Simon died that day those uniforms showed up at my door.

Ghost held it in his hands, gently running his fingers over it. "Alright." He shoved into his pocket.

I looked down at the book I was holding, tears blurring my vision. "I'm busy, can you leave?"

Ghost stood there for a moment. "Do you like him?"

I was caught off guard. "Who?"

"John." I could feel him staring at me.

I forced the tears back, my throat burning. "Maybe, why?" I couldn't even look at him.

"He's not right for you."

"And you are?" Pain and hurt bubbled deep with in me, seeping into my voice. "Stop acting like you give a fuck about who I'm with. You didn't seem to care about it when you were playing dead."

"I was protecting you!" Ghost slammed his hand on the wall.

"Some good that did." I wanted him to hurt, like he hurt me. "And you know what, yeah I do like Johnny. I like him a lot." I stood from my bed.

"Bullshit!" Ghost hissed through his mask.

"I'm actually going to go find him right now." I pushed past Ghost. He grabbed me, pinning me into the wall.

"Like hell you are." His grip on me was tight, it hurt a bit.

"Let go, you're hurting me." I tried to push him away but he tighten his grip on me.

"You're just doing this to get back at me, aren't you?!"

I flinched as he raised his voice. "Why would I even care to do that?! You're nothing to me Simon, nothing! You don't matter to me anymore! You are my Lieutenant! That's it!"

Ghost let me go, hurt dancing in his eyes. "Right." He stormed from the room.

I slid to the floor, tears flooding my eyes. I don't know what was worse the look in his eyes or the emptiness that came with him leaving.

"You okay?" Roach poked his head into the room. "Oh, woah, you're crying. Did Ghost hurt you?"

I shook my head as Roach came into the room and awkwardly patted my shoulder as he slid next to me. "The opposite. I think I hurt him."

"Eh, he's a big boy, he'll handle it." Roach shrugged. "Are you okay though."

I shook my head again. "I think I broke my own heart too." There was no way I had a chance to make things right with him after all this.

"There, there." Roach continued to awkwardly pat me. "It'll be okay Y/N. It'll be okay."