Part 41- Soap's ending

Shots rang out as we chased down Makarov. Ghost and I were closing in on him as the others were handling other hostiles or had fallen behind. We did our best to avoid the bullets as they whizzed past us.

"Stay down." Ghost looked at his remaining bullets. He had two left and I had only three. "Fuck, I'm going to rush him." 

"No!" I pulled Ghost back down. "That suicide."

"If I don't he's going to get away." Ghost kissed my head. "Finish this Love."

I watched as Ghost rushed Makarov, becoming riddled with his remaining bullets. I did my best to hold it together as I fired at Makarov, ending his life.

Afterward, I held Ghost's dying body in my arms, sobbing and screaming. It took both Gaz and Soap to pull me away so they could take his body.

We won, the world was safe, but my world had just ended. Once again I had lost Simon, and this time it was for good. 

-AFTER THE WAR-

"Simon, don't wander too far!" Soap yelled to our son how was running in the yard.

I smiled as I helped our daughter pick flowers.

After the war Soap and I got married and had a son named after Simon and a daughter we had named after Kate. We stayed in close touch with Gaz and Price, they had become Uncle GAz and Uncle Price to our children. 

The world still felt empty without Simon but we continued with life doing our best to carry on the memories of those lost.