Chapter 45- Unravel your heart

Third Person:

Rui breathes in and out. His head is bleeding, his mouth is bleeding. His waist is also bleeding.

Ayaki! Ayaki! Ayaki!

Sanemi: Don't you see that fighting to death in that frail, human body will never measure up to mine? Those impressive attacks that you inflicted upon me have already healed completely. You, on the other hand, a smashed left eye, shattered ribs, damage to the internal organs all irreparable. In the end, a human can never surpass a demon.

I want to go help him. But I don't have the strength to move. This injury, and using Tsukigami Kagura have taken their toll.

Rui's body is covered in spider poison.

Rui: I... I will not let your negativity prevail!

Rui smiled finally as he holds up his sword behind his head.

I'll inflict as much damage as quickly as possible. Arachnid Breathing. Redback attack!

Sanemi look surprised.

Sanemi: What an impressive fighting spirit. To press on, despite your bodily injuries! Even with your emo mindset. And that ironclad stance! Now I'm gonna enjoy killing you!

Unravel your heart. Overcome your limits.

Rui: I am the Arachnid Hashira, Rui Ayaki! Ninth Form, FUNNEL-WEB HELL!

Sanemi: Blood Demon Art, Rising Dust Storm!

Rui charges quickly at Rui. Sanemi laughs and attacks back.

Nezuko: Ayaki!!!

Rui and Sanemi growl. Sanemi punches Rui's blade but his fist gets stuck in it. Rui pulls away and aims for the neck, but misses and instead cuts downward through Sanemi's chest. Rui yells as he pulls upward.

Spider poison flows around them as dust covers them.

Ayaki!

It's still dusty so Aoi not Nezuko can see.

Where is he?!

The dust clears up a bit.

Nezuko: There! Did he win!

Nezuko's eyes widen. Rui coughed out blood. Sanemi had punched a hole in his stomach. Nezuko yells in shock.

Sanemi: Well, this wound will definitely kill ya! You were frail and weak... yet you still had the strength to fight and oppose me. I won't forget that... maybe.

...: Rui.

Past Rui: Yes, what is it mother?

Mother: I want to ask you something, And I want you to answer honestly. Do you know why it is you were born with less strength than so many others?

Rui: No ma'am, I don't.

Mother: It is because you have so much more potential than others. Those who are blessed with more bountiful gifts than others are obligated to use those gifts for the sake of the world, for all of our fellow brothers and sisters. But you were born weak. That was a sign saying that you have to reach the same level as those who are blessed with the talent to fight and protect. You can do it if you work hard and forget about all your struggles. Be sure you never forget that.

Past Rui: I won't!

Rui's mom put her hand out for a hug. Rui goes to her. She hugs him close.

Mother: Rui... Having such a gentle child... is a true blessing. I believe in you.