Chapter 12

Harry's POV

I sat there in utter shock. Did she really believe Josh was protecting her? Protecting us?

"Jessica, do you know how bloody stupid you sound right now?" I said, trying to keep calm.

She rolled her eyes and stood up off the couch and started to pace in front of me, trying to choose her words wisely.

"Then what else could that text of meant? Hmm?!" She said as she put her hands on her hip.

"I don't know but what makes you think the man that took you over a year ago is protecting you?" I yelled, not holding back my frustration with her.

"Maybe it was a misunderstanding what happened a year ago!"

"Misunderstanding? He took you! He kidnapped my bloody wife! He drugged you, kidnapped you, hit you, and rapped you dammit! That was no misunderstanding!" I yelled more and stood up to look at her eye level.

"Maybe he's doing this for forgiveness." She whispered.

"Why are you defending him? Because of him you couldn't be touched or held or even spoken to without out reliving what he did to you. I couldn't even make love to you for over a month because of him. I had to listen to you cry yourself to sleep every night and not be able to hold you! He destroyed you, us, for so long! He deserves nothing from me!" I yelled in her face and turned around to walk away.

I was already regretting my temper but what was said, needed to be said. How could she defend the man that took her joy, purity, confidence, and self respect away? He didn't deserve to be forgiven. Not even if he was trying to keep Jessica safe now. He shouldn't of thought about that a long time ago.

I walked into her mothers kitchen and slammed my fist on the counter. I stood there thinking of the many ways I want to hurt Josh. He should still be locked up for Christ sakes!

I hear the kitchen door open but I don't turn my head. Instead I keep my eyes closed and clench my jaw together, not wanting to say anything else to my wife that i'll regret.

I feel two hands on my shoulders and I let out a sigh. Why am I getting so mad at Jess? This was how she was raised. To forgive those that did you wrong, but it's not how I was raised. Sometimes I forget we come from separate backgrounds and believe different things. But we find a way to work around that. So we should find a way to work around this.

"Baby, I'm sorry." She whispered before I could say it.

I turn and look at her beautiful, innocent face.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't of lost my temper like that. I understand you've forgiven him but, I can't do the same." I admitted.

Jess searched my eyes for something. Then she laid her head on my chest and wrapped her arms around my waist. I held her to me as we stood on silence.

"We need to tell the police." I said in a whisper, knowing she'd disapprove.

She pulled away and her face was serious.

"I'm against murder just like you are but I'm not going to have him locked up. He hasn't done anything to us."

"Yet." I said sternly.

She huffed and walked away from me while grabbing her keys.

"Where are you going?" I asked as I walked after her.

She grabbed her north face sweater and slipped on her shoes.

"Away from here. I need a minute alone, Harry." She said in a low, angry voice.

"I don't think so." I protested and grabbed her wrist lightly.

"Harry, let me go!" She yelled and yanked her hand from me.

She stormed off outside into the night. She got in her car and I took out my phone. I had security near by watching the area for me, thanks to paranoia.

"Gerald."

"Yes Harry?"

"Jessica just left. Follow her please."

"Yes sir."

I sighed and hung up the phone. I sat on the couch. All I could do was wait for her to return. If anything happened, my security would inform me.

A/N:

Sorry these past couple of chapters are short but I have the flu :/ ill try to update when I can but my main focus is to get better right now. Thank you for being understanding. Please don't demand more. More will come young ones, just be patient with me.