Chapter 22

Harry's POV

I had to find a way of getting Jess in here to see our baby boy but no nurse would allow it. Niall had eventually given up and went to go find the nurse, Savannah that he had the hots for and I could use a good cup of coffee so I had him get me a cup while he went on his woman hunt.

Thirty minutes passed by and I now stood outside of the NICU waiting on Niall. I heard little giggles that grabbed my attention. I looked to the left and saw Niall walking towards me with Savannah. Niall was telling her something that she found amusing. I smiled as one of my best mates finally had a smile on his face that was real.

"Hey mate." I said casually to Niall as he walked up to me, handing me a cup of coffee.

"So Harry. Savannah here is goin to help us out." He said and my mind had blanked out for a split second.

"With what?" I took a sip of my coffee.

"I'm going to get your wife in here." My eye got wide and hope had been restored.

"But!" Savannah said, raising her voice.

"It's going to have be quick. The other nurses will go on their rotations in 5 minutes and luckily I have your wife in mine." She said and she looks at Niall and smiled then turned back to me, serious again.

"Lets go now. We'll only have ten minutes." She said and we rushed to Jessica's room.

Jessica was woken up by us three barging into her room.

"Harry?" She groaned.

"I'm here, love." He cooed and walked to her side.

"I'm going to take you to see our boy but it has to be quick, okay?" I said and she woke fully up.

"Got it." She responded.

Niall and I helped her out of bed and into a wheelchair carefully. We got her in and Savannah gave us the ok to go. Savannah walked infront of us, checking the hallways, and we followed until we reached the NICU.

I carefully rolled Jess into the NICU. I stopped at our sons bed and Jessica's hands weakly flung up to her mouth, trying to hold in her painful crys. I know because I had to bite my bottom lip just to hold mine in. It's heartbreaking at first to see your flesh and blood, your child, hooked up to all types of machines that are currently keeping him alive.

But just like when I first saw him, the shock wears off and you begin to truly look at the beautiful miracle we had created.

Jessica rolled herself forward just a little more to get a closer look. I knelt down beside her and took her right hand in mine and placed soft kisses on her knuckles while she admired our son.

"That's our boy." She said softly.

"Our little fighter." I responded with an admiring smile.

We were silent for a minute, admiring our little bundle of joys; as they would say.

Then Jessica looked directly at me with a smile.

"I know what I want to name him." She stated.

I smiled and responded, "What's that?"

She smiled and looked over at Niall, he was currently giving Savannah his number. Then Jessica looked back at me and I waited patiently for her to speak what was on her mind.

"James Edward Styles." She said, excitement in her tone.

"You didn't want a Junior so I want at least your middle names to be the same. And then there's Niall, he's been there for the both of us and he's been such a good friend and brother. So, I took his middle name too since Niall Edward Styles doesn't exactly fit." I giggled and she did too.

"He's named after his strong, brave, and loving father and his courageous, funny, and protective.."

"God-father." I finished her sentence.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yes. You're right, he's been there since day one for me and especially for you. I think he's the perfect choice." I said.

"Me too." Jessica said.

"Then it's settled." I paused and stood up.

"Niall, come here mate." I called out.

Niall walked over without hesitation.

"Ready to get back?" Niall asked.

"Yeah, after we run something by you." I said.

"Oh. Okay. What's up?" He asked, folding his arms across his chest.

"Well, Jess and I just wanted to know if you'd want to be James' God-father?" I said and smiled.

Niall's mouth dropped but he soon picked his chin up of the floor and wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"Yes! A million times yes!" He said, sounding like he was getting choked up.

"Wait." He said, letting me go.

"His names James?" He asked.

"James Edward Styles. Name after the two greatest men in his life." Jessica responded.

Niall's eyes filled up with tears and he hugged me again.

"I won't let you guys or James down." Niall said.

And there was no doubt in my mind, he was telling the truth.

God only knows what the future would hold for us. My little family and I but after all we've been through, we were ready and we weren't going to let anything shake us or break us.

I had found my Joy.

*********

A/N: this is the last chapter but I will post a Epilogue and I'll think about a Sequel.