💛Chapter 21💛

I looked in the mirror as water dripped down my face. My stomach been hurting and I been feeling dizzy since last night. I only got 3 more hours left I can knock this out.

I grabbed some paper towels and patted my face, as I did I felt dizzy. My eyes got heavy then I blacked out.

...

I woke up in a hospital bed, nobody's here. A nurse walked in and smiled. "She's awake, but please remember what I said.", she said as my momma and Manny walked in behind her. They both look so scared. She explained that I'm working too hard and I'm on my feet too much and need to stop pretty much. She said I only had a bump on my head from falling but next time I could go into labor early or miscarry.

They're advising me to stop working immediately and putting me on bed rest for 2 weeks. After she left my momma and Manny just looked at me. "Don't say it.", I said with my voice cracking. Manny sat down on the edge and pulled me to him.

"It ain't nothing to say baby, but you know what you gotta do.", he said rubbing my back. Manny stood up and my momma came and held me.

"Do you wanna come home baby?", she asked. I shook my head. "Well you gone have to let him take care of you. I know you scared, but I don't want nothing to happen to you or my grand baby. Plus you always welcome home.", she said pulling back looking at me. I nodded. Manny helped me up and I got dressed. Once I finished the doctor came in to talk to me and the nurse discharged me.

...

We drove in an awkward silence. I don't know what to say. I'm surprised he ain't like "I told you so!" Im happy he's not though. "What you want to eat?", he asked interrupting my thoughts  I cleared my throat as I thought.

"I'm not really hungry.", I lied.

"What about some fried sausage, grits, a egg omelette with cheese, ham, and bell peppers, and waffles?" This man really like care about me. "Or I can make some pancakes or biscuits with it, ion think it's no more cinnamon rolls. I picked up a melon and cantaloupe too, I ain't cut it yet but I know they some good ones. Imma cut that up while I'm cooking." I looked at him as he looked back and forth at the stop sign. "What?" He chuckled.

"You know you mad so why you acting like you not?"

"Mad at what?", he asked confused. "You ok, the baby ok. What is there to be mad about?"

"Cause if I listened none of this would've happened."

"I know you ain't listen since you came to the park in that dress.", he chuckled. I looked at him and he smiled as he drove. "You hard headed so. I mean I'll work with you as long as you keep working with me."He glanced at me then back at the road. "What you want to eat though? The kids probably be getting up soon. Khalid gone leave Ava there he going in for some extra hours." I sat back in my seat and just thought. "I love you, I care about you. You deserve love, and princess treatment, and happiness, and peace. Do t think nothing else." I looked at him and he was looking at me. I didn't even realize we parked at my house. "You deserve the world, imma give it to you when I can. Until then I just need you to settle with me taking care of our family, feeding you, and rubbing yo' feet. Can you do that for me?" I nodded. He kissed me and grabbed my bag.

...

Bad cramps woke me up. I laid in bed rolling back and forth holding my stomach damn near in tears. "Manny!", I cried out. "Manny!" I heard the door open as my eyes were closed shut. I opened them as tears fell down.

"Baby what's wrong?", he asked walking to the bed.

"Somethin' ain't right. My stomach hurt so bad."

"Let me take you to the hospital." He pulled the cover back and it sounded like he gasped a little. I looked at him and saw him looking at my legs before quickly but gently pulling me up. I looked at my legs and saw blood.

"Oh my God.", I cried covering my mouth. "My baby!" I broke down and just dropped. Manny caught me before I hit the ground. He tried calming me down but he couldn't. Soon later I passed out.

...

I adjusted my eyes to the light as I heard the machine beeping. "Hey baby.", Manny said softly coming to my side.

"What happened? Is the baby ok?", I asked. I saw in his eyes that our baby wasn't ok.

"You had a miscarriage.", he said softly. I just looked at him then at my bed. I felt my eyes watering. Manny held me as a few tears escaped. I heard him asking somebody to come to the room as I laid on his shoulder and silently cried.

A nurse came in shortly after and explained everything. They said that it was most likely stress that caused my miscarriage. That's me stressing about having to stop working and letting Manny take care of me, gotta be.

I really just wanna be alone. It's all my fault as is.

I got discharged and we drove to my house in silence. The kids were taking a nap and my momma was watching them. I went to my room and there weren't any sheets on the bed. "I asked moms to wash them.", I heard Manny say from behind me.

"Can you leave?", I asked not turning around.

"What?"

"I said can you go. Like get out my house. Get the fuck out my house actually." He sucked his tongue.

"Yeah a'ight.", I heard the door close behind me. I exhaled and grabbed clean covered from my closet. When I did I saw Manny out the side of my eye leaning on my dresser. I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Boy I said get the fuck out my house.", I said throwing the covers on the bed.

"You need to talk to me like you got some got damn sense, cause you got me fucked up right now.", he said sternly. I pulled my head back, surprised at how he talking to me.  "I respect you, you respect me. Do you understand me?" I slowly nodded.

With any dog else I know I woulda spazzed out. I can't explain it. Like I'm a very dominant person but with him, it's a whole different ball park. "I know you feeling away but you ain't gotta deal with it alone, I ain't gone let you. The time just wasn't right, when it's right it's gone happy. A'ight?", he asked softly.

"I know. I just blame myself cause-"

"Nah, don't even do that. Come here." He pulled me to him and I started crying. "It ain't even yo' fault. You hear me." I nodded in his chest.

After I stopped crying he helped me make the bed and helped me undress then get in bed. He tucked me in then undressed down to his boxers and held me.

I fell asleep in his arms.