💛Chapter 19💛

I sat in the doctors office waiting on my name to be called. My period is late and it never is, I know I'm not pregnant cause I'm on birth control and I been taking my pill faithfully. "Jazmine Fletcher?", a nurse called out. I stood up and walked with her. She got my weight and height before taking me to the room.

...

They drew some blood and took some pee to run test. She said a few will be ready today but some I'll have to wait until tomorrow. The doctor walked in looking at papers. "And you said you last period was a little over a month ago?", she asked. I nodded. "Okay, it looks like you're pregnant. I'm guessing about 4 weeks along but we'll know for sure soon." I looked at her confused.

"You sure you got the right chart? Cause I'm in birth control.", I said pulling out my pill pack. "I ain't miss a day.", I said showing her.

"It is still possible to get pregnant on the pill, very rare but possible. Because you are on the pill I'd like to do an ultrasound and see how baby's doing. I'll go over your options with you before we do that though."

...

How in the hell am I supposed to explain to Manny I'm pregnant? I can't get an abortion, I just can't. We both ain't ready but imma just have to nut the fuck up.

I thought as I waited on my momma to open the door. "Girl where your key?", she asked opening the door. Just like that I forgot I had a key.

"My bad ma.", I said walking in. We went to the kitchen and sat down.

"The kids sleep. How was your appointment?"

"I'm 5 weeks pregnant, I'm due April 8th. I'm worried about how Manny gone react. I'm on the pill. Ion want him thinking I'm tryna trap him."

"If I know my son in law like I think do, everything gone be ok. How you feel?", she asked.

"I didn't plan on having more kids ma, especially not now. I wanted to own a home at least, and have a few more years with just us. Then my pregnancy with papa was high risk, I couldn't even work. They had me on bed rest since 3 months, what if it's like that again? You know I can't just sit around momma.", I said.

"Well you just gone have to. I don't know if I want another granddaughter or grandson, as long as baby is healthy." She rubbed my stomach.

"Ma grilling tonight?" I sniffed. She laughed.

"Here you go with that nose again. Yeah I am, I was gone invite you and Manny over. I gotta call Khalid see if he can make it too. Making some greens, macaroni, loaded potatoes, ribs, chicken, steak, pork chops, shrimp, and some foil packs with the shrimp, corn, potatoes, and sausage.", she said. I nodded.

"We'll definitely be here. Imma get the kids ready and go meet Manny.", I said standing up.

"They're fine, you can go talk to my son in law." I chuckled and shook my head. Yeah she really like him.

...

I scrolled though my phone as I sat on my couch waiting on Manny. I wasn't gone tell him right away but why not? Maybe I'll wait. With my history with papa now is probably better.

My phone rang and it's him.

Me:Hello?
Manny:Hey baby can you open the door?
Me:Here I come.

When I opened the door I saw him carrying like 50 roses. I smiled big and clutched my hands together by my chest. "For me?", I asking.

"Only for you.", he said as he made it to me. He kissed me and gave me the roses.

"Thank you baby." We went in and he closed and locked the door behind us.

"You welcome. Where the kids at?"

"Still at my momma house. She invited us over for dinner. After you shower and smoke we can go.", I said setting my roses on the table.

"Ight I'll be quick l love you.", he said before going upstairs.

"I love you too!" I sat at the table trying to figure out how I'm gone tell him. I'll figure it out.

...

"You not smoking?", he asking trying to pass me the blunt. I shook my head and pushed it away.

"Can we talk before we go?", I asked softly.

"Of course. What up?" He sat next to me and hit the blunt a few times before tapping it out.

"I went to the doctor today." He slowly nodded.

"Everything good?", he asked confused.

"Yeah.", I said playing with the pillow.

"So.." I looked up at him biting the inside of my lip.

"Somehow, some way, I'm pregnant." His eyebrows went up. "You see me take my pill everyday, Ian try trapping you it nothing. I do plan on keeping the baby though." It was quiet. "Say something."

"I'm not mad, I'm happy. I'm staying of course. I'm just shocked i don't know what to say.", he said. I just looked at him. He looked at my stomach and smiled then looked back up at me. He touched my stomach softly before scooping me up and spinning me around and kissing all over my face.

I'm happy he took it well.