💛Chapter 10💛

I sat on Khalid couch as I helped him and Jayda make some candy bags for Jayda son birthday. "Where's Papa?", Jayda asked looking at me.

"He with Manny.", I said as I tried hiding my smile. Jayda snickered and that made me look at her. Khalid looked at me. "Why every time I say something about Manny or Khalid and me talk about Manny while you around you got a remark or snicker?"

I asked Khalid if he noticed and he said yeah but to leave it alone. I thought I was tripping at first but I know I'm not tripping now.

I never said anything to Manny cause I don't think it's no need. This shit starting to irritate me though.

"It's just funny. How you running around with me sloppy seconds.", Jayda moved her neck looking at me.

"Sloppy seconds?!", I asked.

"Jayda y'all dated in high school stop it.", Khalid said. I looked at him crazy.

"What?!" I grabbed my shit and left.

...

Manny opened the door. "Shh they sleep. Why you banging like that?", he asked moving over. I walked in.

"So you was with my cousin in high school and didn't feel I needed to know?", I asked. He looked at me confused.

"No. It wasn't serious. It was high school. Why is it upsetting you so much?"

"What you mean?!"

"Once again, the kids are sleep.", he said irritated. "I'm not yelling so why are you yelling? I'm talking to you calmly can you do the same?" I closed my eyes and exhaled before opening my eyes again.

"Jayda always got a smart remark or gotta snicker when I talk about you and say something involving you. I asked her what it was about when she did it when I told her Papa was with you. She said it's funny how I'm running around with her sloppy seconds. Then Khalid gone say y'all dated in high school. Ion wanna be in a position where I don't know shit Emanuel.", I explained calmer.

"Okay I hear you I'm sorry. I ain't think it needed to be spoke on cause it was really nothing but high school shit. We was in 9th grade, my guardian didn't know about it. We kissed a few times. Never fucked. She tried but I heard some things and I wasn't with it. It was like 2 months tops. It can't even compare to the shit we got. I feel you though on, not wanting to be in the dark pretty much. It is a few other things you should know. About a year before I had K'Monie I was a big lean drinker. Definitely not proud of it. I didn't care about life. I also had a situation where I put my hands on a woman. My ex. When I found out she put her hands on my daughter and was treating her wrong I confronted her. She admitted to it and told me other things I weren't aware about before spitting on K'Monie in my face and I flipped. I pushed her into the wall and I smacked her. I was stopped by then. Those the only other things you don't know. I should've told you from the jump but I know I'm not those people and Ian want you to think I was. I'm sorry.", he said. We stood there in silence. "I know it's a lot to take in. If you don't wanna fuck with-"

"I do still wanna fuck with you. I wasn't expecting it to get talked out like that. I really don't know what to do next. I expected to leave angry, hit or pushed into something, and leaving with Papa." I shrugged and ran my fingers through my hair as I rolled my eyes.

"It ain't no need for all that. So much shit can get solved with a simple conversation and an apology." I looked at him as he leaned on his counter.

"I'm sorry.", I said. "For banging at your door and yelling while the kids are asleep."

"It's coo' don't stress it." He opened his arms. I went and laid on him and he wrapped his arms around me. "You hungry? I made some chicken Alfredo for us earlier. I can hear you some up." I looked up at him still laying on him.