Chapter 25: Wed me as the sun sets

This is how I imagine Vienna's wedding dress to be...

Note - I have taken this picture from Google, I don't own it

Note - I have taken this picture from Google, I don't own it. All the rights to this picture solely belong to it's owner.

Vienna's POV

I let out a nervous chuckle as I stared at the girl staring right back at me in the mirror. I barely recognised her...but I know for a fact that, that's me, the girl staring back at me is nobody else but I, myself.

Never really said this to myself ever before, but today I do feel like saying this...that...yeah I do look kinda beautiful...or maybe it's just the utter happiness that I'm feeling.

Or maybe it's just the fact that I'm the bride...that today is my day...mine and Ryan's big day...today is the day when I'll officially be his and he'll be mine forever...today is the day when I'll proudly change my last name from Green to Knight.

I know I might appear pretty 'uncool' to a good amount of people, as I'm leaving my maiden name and taking my husband's last name. They might think that what's the need to do it? Like girl it's 21st century and blab blah blah...but honestly I don't care because this is who I am...I'm pretty old school and so is Ryan.

Brushing all these thoughts aside, I smoothened my wedding gown down my waist.

"Perfect..." I mumbled to myself with a smile but soon my smile fell off as an uninvited memory hit me hard.

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath before opening them again.

"I wish you were here today..." I whispered with a heavy heart as my hand reached out to touch my lower abdomen.

I would have probably been in my third trimester by now...only if things had gone right.

"Are you okay? Sweetheart" Snapping out of my zone, I turned around upon hearing my mother's sweet and soft voice.

"Yeah I'm good, mom" I replied with a small smile.

"Just sweaty palms" I added with a chuckle.

"I know, sweetie, it happens" She said walking towards me.

"Beautiful..." She mumbled taking both my hands in hers, with a smile but yet her eyes were teary.

"Mom..." I said caressing the back of her hand with my thumb, sensing that this was an emotional moment for her.

"I just wish your dad was here today...so he could have seen how you have grown up into such a beautiful, intelligent woman...and of course an amazing daughter...so that he could have held your hand, walked you down the aisle and finally hand you over to Ryan" She said with a slight shrug as I just hugged her tight.

"I wish that too, mom...I wish that too" I replied rubbing her back.

"Okay I know it's a very emotional moment, but Vienna..." Sophia, who just walked into the room along with Nancy and my soon to be sisters-in-law, said.