Chapter 56: Together

Vienna's POV

"Hmm..."

I hummed in absolute delight as I felt his hand in my hair, casually massaging my scalp softly.

Lifting my drowsy eyelids, I realized that I had my arm wrapped around his torso and most of my upper body was resting on it while he sat leaning his back against the headboard of the bed, still shirtless.

I looked up at him only to find him engrossed in some deep thoughts, which made me frown, for what has gotten his forehead all wrinkled up with frown lines?

"What has gotten you so deep in your thoughts?" I asked, softly as he immediately snapped back to reality and warmly smiled down at me.

"You're awake"

"Yeah, I didn't even realize when I fell asleep" I replied.

"Yeah, more like you passed out" He chuckled and my cheeks flushed at that before I let my head rest on his torso once again as my thoughts wandered back to what happened between us a few hours ago.

It was as if we weren't just making love but also making up for all the time that we've lost fighting with each other and after round three, I no longer had the energy to keep going, my lower regions were overestimated and as my—well I've lost count of it, but as the waves of pleasure from my last orgasm hit my overworked body, I passed out.

"Oh. Ryan" I snuggled into him more and more, enjoying the warmth that his body provided.

"I love you" I mumbled against his bare skin and that was when I realized that he was still as naked as the day he was born and so was I, but of course I didn't mind that, in fact I enjoyed and relished our proximity, the skin to skin connection was a reminder that this wasn't a dream and that we've actually made it through the biggest storm of our lives, together, still in each other arms.

"I love you too, sweetheart"

"More than you can ever imagine"

My heart fluttered at his words and I looked up at him, wanting to see his blue eyes.

I smiled at him as he placed a kiss on the top of my head while still holding me securely in his arms.

"Now tell me, what's got you so deep in your thoughts?" I asked.

"I hope it's me" I squinted my eyes at him playfully.

"Of course it's you, who else could I ever possibly think of?" He shrugged and there goes my heart once again...into a wild frenzy.

Gosh! This man is sure good with his words just like he is with everything else, that thought alone sent tingles straight down my sore core.

"Tell me about it?" I asked before casually resting my head back on his torso.

I could keep lying tangled in his arms forever.

I felt him exhaling a heavy sigh and that got me worried suddenly because now that I think of it, I can actually feel the tension in his body.

I sat up without caring to pull up the sheets to cover myself, leaned my back against the headboard and sneaked my hand through his arm before resting my chin on his bicep.

"What is it? Ryan" I asked softly.

"I am no man, love"

He broke his silence, making me frown at his confusing words.

"What I did last night, was wrong. I had no right to do so"

Oh. He was thinking about what he did last night. Is that why he was caressing my hair like that earlier when I woke up?