✨Side Story 23: Let Sleeping Lions Lie✨

A/N: Hiyas everyone! It's my birthday!!!! I'm going to be honest with you all, I had a major idea to celebrate the day since Riddle shared a birthday with me and I thought about writing a story him and Angel, but since I've literally been writing side stories for a month and half (or at least a month from where I've been counting), I figured that I'll just wait for you guys opinion on the matter before writing it, seeing that I have to get started on book 4 before September (at least write a few chapters before I have to go on a trip). So I thank you guys for waiting so long for this and I'll have the first few chapters of book 4 up and published by at least Next Saturday (9/2)!

I'm going to celebrate my birthday now but hopefully the next side story will be up by Monday! (8/28)! (8/24/23)

PS: The title is a work in progress! 😜 Don't be surprised if it changes later. Okay now that I'm tipsy I'll stop here and make changes when I'm sober!

"Ugh..." Angel groans as she heads to the botanical garden.

"Why do we gotta grow our own plants for alchemy? Doesn't the school provide them for us automatically?" Grim says as he rides on Angel's shoulder to the garden.

"I hate gardening," Angel sighs. "Every time I take care of a plant, I always kill it. I don't know why and I follow instructions and everything..."

"It's all Crewel's fault!" Grim angrily states, thinking about him telling the two to get the ingredients for class. "He asks for too much! Can't you do anything about him?"

"I can't stop him, Grim. He's my dad of course, but first thing first, he's a teacher. I'm amazed we got so far without people noticing the attention shift," she says as the two enter the botanical garden, happy to get out of the impending frost. "After all, we did use up the ingredients for the potion we're going to make."

Grim groans. "As if we need all this stuff for an eye color changing potion. What do we even need this for?"

"Who knows. Maybe as a disguise?" She thinks, thinking about anyone wanting to change their look. "It makes sense to think about it."

"Maybe there's a potion to change me into a human, just like Jade, Floyd, and Azul!" Grim happily exclaims as they walk through the garden, heading to the communal plot. "I could be a handsome human, making even Ace and Deuce put to shame! Myah ha ha ha!"

"I don't even want to think about the ingredients used to make that potion..." Angel sighs as she stops and look at the plots, seeing that students have grown varies plants, either for potions, cooking, or personal uses. "All right, let's see what we need..." She says as he looks at the list of ingredients. "Lantern blossom, wildseed, willowherb...oh and waterlily. Shouldn't be too hard to find here."

"Then let's get lookin'!" Grim says as he jumps off her shoulder. "The quicker we get it, the faster we get out of here." Angel agrees with Grim with a nod, and the two started off their search in the communal plots. There wasn't many items on the list the two needed, but seeing how vast the communal plots are, it did take a intensive amount of time to find. Angel found lantern blossoms and willowherb in a few students plots, only gathering enough when needed, at least, as much to not cause many students to wonder where their plants are. Grim found wildseed in a plot, in which he decided to take all of it, causing Angel to scold him to try to put it back, although it didn't look like it was before. After looking around for the next thing on the list, waterlilies, the two found out that they were stumped, at least looking in the communal plots. "Ugh...Waterlilies are just too hard to find..." Grim groans as he sits down, taking a break from searching for the plant. "It must be in another section of the garden."

Angel looks around, seeing how just the communal plots is vast that it took them a while to find three ingredients. "It's tiring to check every inch of the garden..." I'm tired just for looking at the plots...