👑 The Beautiful Tyrant: Chapter 16 👑

In the Pomefiore ballroom, Rook and Vil stand on the opposite side of the room, ready to observe the participants for the audition. "All right, let's get this audition started," Rook says as Ruggie enters the ballroom, getting situated enough to perform. "Entry number one, you're up. Start the music!" Vil obliges, pressing a button and music starts to fill the room, and it was cue for Ruggie to start dancing. The three look on to his performance, seeing how his moves were following the beat perfectly, maybe because of his nimble nature by heart, however, the downside of the performance was that his singing was less than subpar, only for Ruggie to try and distract them by continuously smiling at the three, hoping that it would be his saving grace to add to his performance. Vil watches with an indifferent look on his face while Rook looks on with interest, watching his every moves, as they simply watches the performance. Soon enough the music ends, and Ruggie looks on the three with an expected look, panting from the work. "Monsieur Dent-de-Lion," Rook starts. "Your fleet footwork and broad smileconvey gallantry and boyish charm in equal measure. Beauté! Full marks!" He compliments.

"You carry yourself well enough, but your dancing and singing both leave much to be desired. Next!" Vil shouts. Ruggie only shrugs and leaves, letting the next person in, which was Cater. Vil presses the button, and the music plays. Cater starts to dance, following the music with each step, but also adding his own touches to the dance. His movements seem cooler and more poised as he flashes a smile and wink to the three, trying to appeal to their expectations, and sang in a clear voice, better than Ruggie's at least, but still powerful enough for the words to be clear and concise. The music stops and he looks expectantly at the three, panting as he sees them looking at him, waiting for their judgement.

"Monsieur Magicam. Your singing voice sparkled with diamonds clarity! I could immerse myself in it for hours," Rook compliments. "Beauté! Full marks!"

"You did the entire song and dance without any errors, but your performance is utterly lacking in passion," Vil states. "Next!" Cater only sighs at the comments, but leaves the room, letting the next person enter, which turned out to be Lilia. Lilia smiles at the three and the music starts to play, and Lilia casually follows the music, his movements appearing smooth and calculated as he continues his performance. Though his deep voice may have not fit him, it proved to be effective as it appeared strong and clear, and his charms only added to the performance, giving out slight glances and smiles to the three as he continues to perform, not letting the fatigue catch up to him as he continues on the performance smoothly, almost with no mistakes. Once the music ends, Lilia finishes with a bow, and look at the three with a smile.

"Monsieur Curiosité. Your boyish looks belie the depth of your voice," Rook says with a smile. "It is truly fascinating to behold. Beauté! Full marks!"

"I can't quite put my finger on it-" Vil says as he thinks. "For some reason, you show none of the youthful vim one would expect from a student. Next!" Lilia chuckles and leaves the room, letting the next person enter the room, proving to be Ortho. Once Ortho was settled, the music started to play, and he started to sing and dance, following the music, though there really was not much to be amazed by considering Ortho's situation as he perfectly follows the movements, following every move, timing, and pose to a T as he dances. The thing that threw them off was his singing, a robotic voice added over the music, seeming both natural but also out of place as the three watch with indifference, at least two since Rook was eyeing him intensively. Once the music stops playing, Ortho stops, looking at the three with an expectant look in his eyes.

"Monsieur Marionette. How very cutting-edge!" Rook exclaims in surprise. "I was riveted by the precision of your robotic dancing and singing. Beauté! Full marks!" He happily says.

"I've heard of genreless, but this is ridiculous," Vil sighs. "Next!" Ortho sighs and leaves the room, and as soon as he leaves, Kalim happily walks into the room, standing in the center as he patiently waits for the music starts. Once the music starts, Kalim happily starts to dance and sing, his movements becoming fluid as he hit every note perfectly and his dancing becomes smooth as butter. He adds his own flair to the dance, adding slight kicks and spontaneous moves to his dancing, almost as if he was just dancing for the fun of it, not even worried at the fact that it was an audition. Once the music ends, Kalim stops and poses, showing off a smile as they watch him catch his breath. "Roi Doré!" Rook exclaims. "Your dancing is like a simoon kicking up the desert sands! And your singing is so uplifting, I can feel myself floating away. Beauté! Full marks!"