Chapter 22: Archers! Battles!

Third Person P.O.V

A small group of people make their way across a treacherous mountain pass, a river flowing far down below the cliffside which the path this group is currently traversing is built upon. This very group consisted of a man who shone like the sun, an archer who seemed eternally downcast, along with a young blonde girl and a Mage who quite frankly was way too flashy for a supposed stealth mission, donning a pure white cloak and constantly spewing out flowers.

Merlin: Who's writing this?! Fou?!

Lily: Merlin? What are you shouting for? 

Merlin: Excuse me, it's nothing. 

Gawain: It would certainly be good if it were nothing, but if you were to constantly scream out in anger at something unknown our position would be at risk, no?

Tristan: I agree as well, if we were to be revealed this early on it would be certainly a tragic fate...

Merlin: I'm serious, it's nothing! Nothing! Besides, I cast some spells earlier. Unless Morgan specifically has an eye out for us, we should be perfectly safe.

Lily: Ooh! Magecraft sounds so cool! Can you teach me some?

Merlin: Well... it would be helpful... but I think we need to focus on your sword studies-

The young King of Knights suddenly looked saddened by the fact she would not be able to cast fireballs or some other forms of magic, and seeing this, the Knights of the Round immediately sprung to action.

Gawain: Do not fret, my King! I may not be the most talented with swordplay among the Knights, but I am certain I can take up the task!

Tristan: I as well offer to teach her. While my fame with the bow is highly regarded, I have not let up on my sword skills either. It would be very saddening to see our King's hopes dashed at such a young and bright age...

Feeling the pressure of the Knights, Merlin relented and simply let out a thumbs up in agreement. To which, the young Artoria positively leaped with joy and hugged both Gawain and Tristan in thanks. The Knights did not expect this outcome, but it was nonetheless welcome. Of course however, Merlin was left out of it once more.

Merlin: Ahem! We should be going soon, while we are still undetected, I can't say the same for the others. 

Gawain: Ah, my apologies. It would be unfitting of us to unnecessarily put a strain on the others who are fighting valiantly to buy us time.

Tristan: Indeed, we should hurry. Since while it pains me to say this... we are the ones at a major disadvantage on all fronts...

The mood has suddenly dampened, but as if a light shining where even the sun was extinguished, Artoria spoke once more.

Lily: I-I don't think we're at a disadvantage! Sir Gawain is very strong! Sir Tristan as well! Even if Merlin acts a little shady, I think you're cool too!

Tristan: My king... such praise... is undeserving...

Gawain: To have such expectations of us... I can only say I will try my utmost to not disappoint you.

Merlin: Ah, it is nice to be praised every now and then. Though I could really do without the subtle attack on my character...

Seeing her knights and mage now in much higher spirits than before, Lily smiled and with a raise of her fist cheerfully shouted out.

Lily: Alright! Now we aren't all gloomy! Let's go and win!

Gawain: As you command, my King!

Tristan: As you wish, my king!