Chapter 1

"Without Darkness, there is no Light. There is no good without evil."

________________________________________

Planet Vorkun in the Solana Galaxy was not a pleasant place at this time of the year. Sure, it is a planet where snow occurs throughout the whole galactic year, but always in the period close to the calendar winter snowstorms were very irritating and dangerous. But that didn't stop Clyde, a young man from the Iron Lords, an organization of  users of a Space Magic. Despite the snow still pressing against his visor, the man continued forward to complete his patrol.

"I hope Lilith won't mind cuddling with me as soon as I get back to the temple," he commented.

After walking a dozen or so steps, Clyde saw fire rising in the distance. Intrigued by this phenomenon, he decided to check it out. So he adjusted his green, light Iron Lord armor and hooded cloak and moved on. Upon reaching the fire, he saw that it illuminated the entrance to the cave. Right at the entrance there were pikes with heads and skulls of various races impaled on them. And they had a certain mark engraved on them.

"Devils. Goddamn monsters."

The House of the Devils is one of the many Houses of the Eliksni, an insect-like aliens who had a great civilization many centuries ago, but now they became pirates, bandits or bounty hunters. This also gave them the nickname The Fallen, which Eliksni considers a very strong insult.

Seeing what he has to deal with, Clyde decided to contact his comrades at headquarters, but a snowstorm was interfering with his communications. Knowing he couldn't leave this place unchecked, the man took his revolver from the holster and went inside.

The sight of skeletons lying on the ground or dried bloodstains did not scared the lord. After going through a rather long corridor, he found himself in a large cave. Many members of the Devils were doing their business, such as maintaining weapons, sparring, or eating. This allowed the man to enter without setting an alarm and find a good vantage point. Looking around, Clyde saw the cages in the distance. They were mostly empty, but there was someone in one of them.

A small, four-year-old Lombax boy with yellow fur with brown stripes.

"What is Lombax doing here?" Clyde asked himself.

After a moment, a huge Eliksni approached the cages. Unlike other members of his group, he had four arms, lots of armour and a long, thick red cloak on his back.  

One of the Fallen thugs approach and bow to him.

"Captain. The scouts have found this Lombax for you. They thought that it would be a good delicacy for you."

The leader of the group looked at the frightened Lombax. The child had tears in his eyes, was shaking with fear and was trying to get as far away from the big Eliksni. He just snorted seeing this prey, and then crushed Thug's head with his large hand. This terrified the other members of the band and kid as well.

"Do you really think such a small creature will cease my hunger!? You are imbeciles! I'm going back to my quarters, and you're not allowed to disturb me. Do what you want with a child."

With these words, the Captain went to his lair, leaving the Eliksnis alone with Lombax. Without waiting any longer, they opened the cage and pulled out the screaming child.

Seeing what was happening, Clyde decided to step in. He emerged from the shadows and shot the first Fallen in the head, killing them. Seeing their comrade dead, others  rushed at Lightbearer. Clyde used his marksmanship and parkour skills to deal with an enemy, yet in the end he was still shot by few bullets on his armor, but it still protected him from dying.