Chapter 6

Over the past months, Rivet, along with the rest of the unit she belongs to, has been sent on various missions. Stealing fuel, ammunition or food, attacking enemy outposts or finding and recruiting new members. Seeing that Nefer Corporation become more brutal against the people of the Frontiers, some former Commanding Officer of IMC created a plan that Militia Leader agreed to. The plan was to destroy the fuel facility on planet Demeter, where IMC forces always arrive after hyperspace jumps. This required a lot of preparation, and young Lombax and her comrades were send to steal a blueprints of a defense towers, hack or gather resources

Rivet was eventually spotted by one of the officers who, as it turned out, knew Lombax biology and recognized that the girl was underage. The teenager asked the officer not to expel her. The man was not going to listen to this and was about to send the girl away, but other officers decided otherwise and let Rivet stay in the Militia. The next day the man leave Militia and vanish.

And so Lombax continued her duties in the ranks of the Militia. She continued to fight and destroy IMC forces. Despite that, the girl still saw how POWs and IMC civilian workers were treated. Lack of food, brutal interrogations or executions in front of cheering Militia soldiers. She didn't like it.

She wished that she could stop it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The first thing Ratchet felt after another night in the cell was an electrifying pain in his chest. An electric baton was pressed to his body, which caused a lot of pain to him. When it was put back, Lombax looked at the person that was hurting him.

A large Eliksni, whose body is covered with dark red body armor, has all four hands, each with a different torture device.

"Well, well, well. Look who woke up here? Did you sleep well, brat?" Eliksni asked.

In response, Ratchet only groaned in pain. Everything hurt him. Ever since he was found by the Fallen pirate ship, he has been notoriously tortured. Not because he had any information, but just because it pleased this band.

Second later, the door next to him opened and the Eliksni woman walked through it. Her white and dark blue armor is covered by small dark blue crystals.

"I hope our "guest" is treated well?" she asked.

"As you wished, Eramis-Kell. Still, I think we should kill him and sell his fur, or make a rug out of him." the torturer replied.

"I understand you, but why should we destroy our toy when we can still play with it."

At the moment she said that, a small, levitating, dark blue crystal appeared in her hand, which after a while took the form of a knife. Eramis then plunged the blade into the teenager's body and began to twist it, causing the boy to scream in pain.

This is how Ratchet spent the last few months. Found and captured by Eramis, the Shipstealer and leader of her pirate crew, then placed in her fortress on some icy planet, and then tortured.

Day after day, week after week, month after month. This was how Ratchet lived his life these days. In a cold, dark cell.

But he didn't know that someone was watching him. Someone from outside this universe.

________________________________________

When Ratchet opened his eyes, he saw that he was in someone's apartment, not in his cell. The walls and furniture are completely dirty and damaged, as if no one had taken care of them for many, many years. The boy didn't know what was going on, then looked at his body. Instead of rags, he wears black jumpsuit, and his scars were gone.