Chapter 22

(I recommend reading the bonus section after you finish reading this chapter. There is a Changelog where I discuss what changed during the entire week of editing.)

After reaching the planet Pokitaru, Ratchet did not spare a second and immediately headed towards the Jowai Resort, where Grim's brother is. Along the way, Lomax came across a lot of wild fauna, such as puffer fish that can breathe on the surface, and mutant octopuses that shoot energy balls from their brains. However, these monsters were unable to stop Ratchet, who dealt with them in the blink of an eye.

During his journey, Lombax came across an abandoned boat that had the Resort's coordinates on its navigation computer. Our hero paid the fare and the boat set off. As he swam along, Ratchet looked up at the sky, anger appearing on his face. The sight of fighters and Blarg pollution ships flying everywhere pissed him off to no end, and Clank noticed.

"Ratchet. Take it easy, my friend. Take a deep breath."

"I know. Thanks, pal, for keeping an eye out on me. I just wish I could knock these flying rats down."

After these words, Ratchet's communicator suddenly went off. He saw that Vincent was calling him, so he quickly answered the contact request.

"Ratchet? This is Vincent. Report."- came the voice of the Noble Team Leader.

"This is Ratchet. I hear you loud and clear, V."

"Great. Where are you? Your communicator's coordinates do not point to Orxon."

"I'm on Pokitaru. I learned that the Blargs were polluting the local waters and decided to help. My uncle is also here, so I decided to check on him."

"I see. Do you need help?"

"No, but you can go to the planet Hoven. The Blargs are apparently building a rocket there that can destroy an entire planet. I will send you a video from the infobot soon."

"Thanks. If such a racket actually exists, it needs to be gotten rid of. Good luck, Six."

"Six?"

"Codenam. I am Noble One. Don is Two, Mike is Three, and Sant is Four. Five belong to our friend from Lux City. We figured since we're working together now, we could include you in our team. Does that suit you?"

"Sure. Thanks for that."

"No problem. By the way, we have good news for you. Lockdown is dead. We killed that bastard."

After hearing this information, Ratchet couldn't hide his tears. Knowing that his father had been avenged, even if not by his own hand, gave him great joy. He thanked the team for what they had done and then hung up as he was getting closer to land.

Once his ship docked, Ratchet continued towards the Resort, once again facing off against the local fauna and even the large mutated octopus.

After killing the beast, the young man arrived at his destination. There were destroyed buildings everywhere, and the rescue services did what they could to help the injured. It was total chaos.

Among all these people of different races, Ratchet managed to spot a familiar-looking person.

"Uncle Felton!" Lombax shouted.

Dressed in a tropical T-shirt and a baseball cap, Grim's twin brother turned around and saw who was calling him. Upon seeing his great-nephew, the man quickly grabbed and hugged him.

"Ratchet! Kid, you don't even know how happy I am to see you! Grim mentioned you were alive, but I thought he was delirious. Seems I owe him a bottle of whiskey as an apology" said Felton, who then released Lombax from his embrace.