Chapter 17

The meeting with the advisors ended with a lot of planning and information for Alister.

Alor, his spies, and the rest of the Intelligence Division managed to obtain data on the mysterious weapon on Typhon. According to information, it is some sort of an artifact that can bend time and space.

Dr. Nefarious and Dr. Mags, who are responsible for the science sector, have informed that if this is true, then Czerka and the Lombax Empire will be able to destroy entire planets, and even entire planetary systems.

Master Teshin, the commander-in-chief of the Alliance's forces, informed that in that case he need to immediately start training troops.

This, of course, required resources, which Jaalk Spar, the local "leader" of the smugglers, had promised to bring.

At this meeting there was also a Senator Eustace Nefarious, who came to Odessen as quickly as he could when he found out what had happened to his former company and promised to help however he could.

Alister was grateful for the contribution of everyone. Especially Rivet, who passed on what she knew about the former IMC and Nefer Corporation. The elder Lombax still felt that he should not involve his own daughter in the politics of his organization, but he knew that any help would be appreciated.

After the meeting, everyone went their separate ways. Teshin asked for a private conversation with the Alliance leader, to which he agreed, but only after he escorted Rivet to her room and said goodbye to the senator.

"That...was something. Is this what every meeting with your advisors is like?" the girl asked.

"Mostly yes. Although sometimes Zero bring a case of beer so that we can be a little "relaxed" during them. So far, it's working." - Azimut replied, remembering how one time Alor started dancing on the holographic table after a few drinks. It was a memorable meeting.

Few minutes later, the father and daughter duo managed to find the senator. He was busy looking with the yellow female Exo-type robot at the landscape around them.

"Senator Nefarious," Alister said, bowing slightly,

"Welcome back, Lord Wrath. I would like to thank you again for informing me about what is happening," said the robot. Then he looked at Rivet. "Hello to you too, Miss Rayla."

The girl made a slight bow in greeting. She then looked at Exo standing next to her, which didn't go unnoticed by the senator.

"Let me introduce you to my adopted daughter, KT-7461. My dear, this is Lord Wrath and his daughter, Rayla, also known as Rivet."

Exo bowed towards Alister greeting him, but when her gaze fell on the white-haired Lombax, her blue eyes wide up in fear. The mechanical girl immediately hid behind her father, as if that would somehow make her disappear.

"Is everything okay, miss? Did something happen?" asked Alister, surprised by this behavior.

Seeing what his child was doing, the senator let a sigh and then turned his gaze to the Alliance leader.

"This...is an issue I wanted to talk with you a while ago, Azimuth."- Nefarious then grabbed KT's hands and stood next to her. "You see... my daughter is also my private security guard, and she was there that day when Rivet tried to break into my house with other members of the Militia."

This last piece of information surprised Rivet. She tried to remember if she had seen anyone who looked like Exo.

After a second, a rather unusual thought popped into her head.

"One sec. Were you... were you the Titan who shot at me?" asked the young Lombax.

In response, KT began to tangle her fingers, showing how nervous she was. She didn't even look at anyone. Seconds later, she managed to choke out one word.