Chapter 2

If someone had told Clyde a few years ago that he would be looking after a Lombax child, who had amnesia when his capsule hit the ground, he would have laughed out loud.

Oh how this life likes to surprise.

Currently, the man was spending another winter period on the planet Veldin in the Solana galaxy, where together with Lilith and Ratchet, that was the name they gave Lombax when they saw how he likes to play with tools, they stayed with Clyde's adopted father, Grimroth "Grim" Razz' and.

Grim, despite being a Fongoid, a humanoid alien race whose skin color varies between purple and black and has two round, horn-like blue ears on the back of his head and flat noses, he did not look much like his brethren. He had no tribal tattoos and had two fangs sprouting from his mouth, one of which was broken off. Because of this, the older man was not treated kindly by his kin.

Interestingly, he was not only different from them in appearance, but also in behavior. Fongoids are normally a peaceful species, but there are exceptions. Grim spent his early years as a gunslinger for hire, building a well-known reputation over the years. This made him highly respected in the Underworld community.

The whole family was currently spending time at Grim and Clyde's family home. They sat in the dining room, talking about what had happened all year, in Ratchet's case he was talking about how he spent this school year. Overall it was nice, family friendly and enjoyable.

But life likes to surprise.

________________________________________

Nights on Veldin can be very cold. This should come as no surprise as it is a desert planet with lots of canyons, deserts and floating islands. Nights like this can be hard to fall asleep to, but this is one of those nights.

Ten-year-old Ratchet awoke from his sleep to find it was still dark. Feeling thirsty, he went to the kitchen to drink some water. After finishing his drink, he returned to his room, full of toys and posters of a Captain Qwark, Solana's hero, and went to bed. Before he closed his eyes, however, he saw out of the corner of his eye that something was above one of the drawers. So he looked there and froze, then screamed.

Very, very loud.

So loud that he woke up the rest of the household, and they came running to his room, each holding a firearm.

"Ratchet! What happened?!" Clyde asked worriedly. The man saw that his adopted son was not looking at him, but at his dresser. So he turned his gaze there and then froze. The same happened with the others.

There was a ghost hovering above the furniture, the appearance of which reminded Clyde strongly of someone. Only after a moment did the man recognize the figure, and this made his face take a very angry expression.

"Yor," said the Awoken man with anger in his voice.

Rezyl Azzir, later known as Dredgen Yor, was a Lightbearer and Guardian who operated centuries ago. He was considered by many to be the Chosen of the Light, but his reputation was quickly destroyed. At some point, he began to kill his brothers and sisters, use the Black Magic and pose a threat to civilians. Despite sending elite troops to eliminate him, the man always came out victorious. Until he disappeared from the surface of the galaxies.

And now his wraith, clad in heavy metal armor with spikes and a plume on his shoulders, is in young Lombax's room.

"What are you looking for here, monster? Wasn't it enough of the evil you've done in life?" Lilith said menacingly as she aimed her ghost shotgun.

But he paid no attention to her and just looked at Ratchet. The boy also looked at him with horror in his eyes, despite the fact that his family was right next to him with weapons in their hands.