Chapter 5

The Reef. It is a debris field in orbit within the asteroid belt and the domain  ruled by the Awoken nation under a Awoken Queen. They took control if this field after a big expansion force tried to left the know galaxies a few thousand years ago but failed miserably. To this day the remnants of their ships still exist and are used by Awoken and their allies as home. Even some peaceful Eliksni manage to find home here.

It is also the location of the Prison of the Elders, a place where very dangerous criminals are placed and judged according to ancient Eliksni customs, which are enforced by the House of Judgment and sanctioned by the Awoken Queen.

And this is where our heroes go.

________________________________________

After landing at the harbor and crossing the footbridge, Ratchet saw a huge building. Its style was different then most prisons, making it look like a big tower. As the father and son duo approached the entrance gate, they saw two people standing and talking whom Lombax quickly recognized.

"Aunt Petra! Uncle Cayde!" the boy shouted, causing both people to look at him and smile.

Petra Venj is 30 years old woman with a slender but muscular body, pale purple skin, short red hair, and a blue eye, because the other being covered by an eyepatch. She wears a black and pink jumpsuit with white shoulder pads and a leather belt with lots of knives and gun magazines.

Cayde, or rather Cayde-6, is an Exo and one of the three leaders of the Vanguard. He deals with matters related to reconnaissance and eliminating dangerous creatures. His robotic body and eyes are light blue. His attire is light leather armor with a hooded cloak, both colored in dark brown. He also has a revolver that has an Ace of Spade symbol on it.

"Hey, hey, hey!!! Who am I seeing here!!! Howdy, kiddo, how are you?" asked the robot-man who approached Lombax and hugged him tightly.

"It's okay, uncle. And you? Zavala still has a stick in his ass?"

Hearing such words from his friend's son made Exo laugh. Next for a hug was Petra who took the teenager gently in her arms.

"Hello Ratchet. How are you doing? Did you missed me?" the woman asked.

Clyde watched the whole thing happen with a smile on his face. He was relieved that his son could be happy, despite such a painful loss of the Lords and Lilith.

The Exo and the Awoken woman then greeted their friend, or in Petra's case cousin. They both asked him how he was doing, to which he replied that he still regrets not going with others, but he will be okay. He then asked Cayde why he was here since the Vanguard agents shouldn't have arrived yet, to which the Exo replied that he was visiting Petra when this whole situation happened.

Recognizing that fate was on their side, the three adults began to devise a plan of action. Petra said that they have permission to eliminate anyone who has stepped out of their cell or cryo pod. She also informed that at the very bottom of the prison there are very dangerous Fallen Barons who cannot be released at any cost. With this in mind the four headed to prison to end this riot.

Few minutes after getting inside Ratchet lost count of how many criminals he had killed. There were so many of them here. Members of many, many races, some could even use magic and some were tough like stones. This was enough to make the entire prison even more chaotic than normal.

The plan that our heroes assemble was that Ratchet was supposed to help the Awoken infantry fight criminals, while the others engaged in activating lockdown procedures to keep other prisoners from getting out.

At one point, Lombax heard that someone was trying to contact him via communicator. So he ducked behind the nearest cover and answered the call.

"Ratchet here. Who's calling?"