Chapter 10

Once our heroes land on the planet Eudora, Ratchet start reminiscing about times with Iron Lords and his training.

"I remember my aunt Efrideet taking me once to a similar planet and leaving me alone for a whole month to learn the art of survival. I had nothing with me except the clothes I was wearing. Heh, it was a very nice camping trip," said Lombax.

After this nice memory, Lombax grabbed his companion and placed him on his back, and then they started walking. During the landing, Clank managed to detect the signature of the Blargs base. Because of this, both of them decided to land their ship a bit further away so they could sneak into the base.

Walking through the forest, our heroes admired the views along the way. The forest is full of different varieties of trees, giving it a unique look, and in the background you can hear birds chirping, which gives a pleasant and pleasant atmosphere.

Which was quickly interrupted.

"What the...?"

Ratchet felt his leg catch on something. He looked down and saw the tripwire, which immediately go off. A few seconds later, Ratchet began to hear something beeping in the area. Lombax quickly realized that the whole area was mined, so he teleported as far away as possible. In that same moment the bombs exploded.

Being far away from the blast site, the guys started looking around for anything or anyone who might have planted the bombs.  They did not find anyone, but only heard someone's laughter, which sounded like a child playing hide and seek.

"Hmmm...that sounded like Araskes, The Trickster. She is one of the Scorn Barons. According to Vanguard records, she likes to create holographic traps that explode. Those mines and tripwire must have been her doing," said Clank.

Hearing that the Baron was prowling around, Ratchet began to see the world in red. Any logic or plan has been thrown out the window. Only one thing mattered.

Kill the Baron.

"Let's go. She wants to fucking play? Let's have some fun then," said Lombax coolly, who began to walk forward cautiously, watching out for traps.

As they made their way through the forest, the boys encountered groups of the Scorn, who were supported by large and muscular Blargs, a bipedal humanoids with orange-red skin and distinctive glowing blue or gold eyes. This combination gave Lombax a slightly tough fights as he hit and throw at trees a couple of times, but he managed to defeat his opponents in the end. With each next skirmish, Ratchet's fighting style changed from using tactics to more ferocious and bloodthirsty. As soon as he ran out of ammunition he would take out his knife or Omniwrench and kill without mercy.

When both heroes reached the previously discovered Blargs base, Ratchet's armor was completely covered in purple blood. All this terrified Clank, who had been trying to calm his companion, yet failed.

With the enemy base in front of him, Ratchet charged inside without hesitation. When he reached the courtyard, he was greeted with a large number of barrels pointed at him, and the Scorn Baroness herself.

"Well, well, well. That's Clyde's brat. I thought Lockdown killed you when he threw you out. I guess even he can make mistakes. Oh well, I'll kill you and I'll make your fur a nice addition to my armor, hehe," said The Trickster. Then she looked at her soldiers and pointed to Lombax. "Kill him!"

At that moment, thousands of bullets began to fly towards Ratchet. The boy quickly teleported behind the nearest cover and opened fire from behind it. He quickly noticed that for every enemy defeated, two more took their place. Seeing this turn of events, Lombax used his power and summoned a bow made from his energy and began shooting again. Each arrow instantly killed enemies and was creating a small explosion that incinerated those around them.