Chapter 15

When Cayde and his team arrived on the planet Batalia, he did not expect that the reports he received a week ago would be so untrue. The destruction, the number of victims and enemy units were two or even three times bigger. This turned this once beautiful planet with large oceans and cities on high cliffs into one large war zone.

Currently, the leader of the Vanguard Scouts was in the command center, where he, the local general and Vincent were discussing the situation on the front against the Blargs mercenaries and the Scorn. Petra sadly had to return to her duties, but she promised to keep an eye out for any information about their nephew.

"Like I said before. Fort Krontos fell into enemy hands, and with it a large part of our armory. Ammunition, new weapons and vehicles, you name it." said the general

This information did not please Exo, who sighed and ran a hand over his face. They spent three days on this planet and every day was something new. Cayde knew that as a representative of the Vanguard, he had to help in this war, but that didn't change the fact that his main goal was still to capture his nephew.

Fortunately, he already has a Guardian fireteam with him.

"This Fort is occupied by the Scorn Baron, right?" Vincent asked.

"Yes, kid. So what about this?"

"We can kill two birds with one stone. My team and I will get in there and secure the perimeter. After that we will lay down trap for our main target."

"It's suicide, kid."

"Not our first rodeo, sir."

Cayde smiled to himself. He had informed the General earlier that they were trying to catch a "rogue agent", which was a lie, and that was why they had come here. This of course did not satisfy the General at first, but eventually he decided accept any kind of help.

Knowing that the enemy forces were too scattered, Cayde agreed to Vincent's plan to eliminate Pirrha, The Rifleman, and capture the Fort.

And so the Awoken Guardian went to the barracks.

________________________________________

When Vincent entered the barracks, the first thing he saw was Sant's angry face. He and Mike were playing cards and, as always, the latter was winning.

"Pazak! You now owe me 5,000 credits, brother." - said the orange-haired Awoken with a smile on his face.

This upset Markazian, who in an act of anger grabbed the table and threw it... straight through the window into the ocean below.

This action caused Mike to let out a small laugh and then run away from his furious teammate.

Don looked at them for a moment and then went back to reading a book he found in a nearby ruined library.

Vincent watched all this and smiled at this sight. Sadly they have a job to do.

"ATTENTION!" he shouted.

All three team members immediately stood up and looked at him, saluting.

Seeing this, Vincent start briefing his brothers. Hearing that they got a green light to kill Baron, they started arm themselves.

Sant put on his red heavy armor, enhancing its shield of his Light, and then grab his favorite weapon, The Sweet Business. An automatic rifle resembling a Gatling gun. He remembered how he obtained this weapon by killing the leader of the rouge Cabal faction leader, Ghaul, who had attacked Lux ​​City directly. Their one vs one duel left many scars on Markazian.

Mike, after putting on his orange leather armor, grab few of his throwing knives and then tookhis submachine gun, The Huckleberry. This elegant, stylize in old wild west weapon came into his hands after he helped another Guardian defeat the Hive Necromancer. The number of Hive soldiers he killed during this mission still impress him.