016| Pleas and rejection 💭😭

Warning ; This chapter is going to be very
🌚🌝.

You Gerrit?

~

It was a free period in my class and coincidentally, Nneka had a free period, which she was not spending with Dozie.

"I was beginning to wonder what kind of best friend you are. Always ditching me for Dozie." I teased her.

Nneka laughed, linking our arms together and walking out of her class.

"It's not like that now. You know I'm already used to staying around him. I can't just ditch him now. It won't be fair," she said to me.

I chuckled. "Whatever you say." I responded.
"Where are we going to?"
I asked.

"We are going to the garden."
She said smiling.

Some junior girls passed by us, muttering 'Senior Nneka good afternoon' to which she responded 'Good afternoon dearies,'

This went on for a while, before Nneka turned to me and asked
"Are you still fighting with Rodney?"

"Not exactly fighting. Silent treatment is the right word.
He tried to apologize, I just brushed him off,"

Nneka spanked my arm a bit.

"What's that one for?" I asked.

"That's for being proud,"
She responded.

"I'm not proud now! Is it by force to forgive?" I asked her.

We sat down beside the purple and red hibiscus trees in the garden.

"Edwin, you must talk things out with him. It's bringing a strain to our friend group. Yes, he was rude, but he really likes Bee."
She explained to me.

"Well, good for him. I did not choose my body and I did not tell her not to like him too, all I did was to tell him not to kill somebody's child abeg, there's no crime in that."
I sassed.

"But–" Nneka started, but I cut her short.

"But nothing. If he wants me to forgive him, he should make me. What he did was wrong, and if not for my good home training, I'm supposed to have given him a dirty slap." I told her.

"I understand your hurt, and I see your point too. But I'm telling you to be the bigger person." Nneka said

"And do what? Apologize?" I asked.

"No." She started. "Tell him you've forgiven him."

I laughed a humorless laugh.
"You're funny Nneka."

"I'm serious." She said firmly.

"And I'm not doing that!"
I replied, folding my arms and turning away from her.

"Then I'm sorry in advance, but I have to do this."
She said and I turned to her abruptly.

"Do what?" I asked, but it was clear to me.

Rodney and Dozie stood there.

Rodney had a remorseful look on his face and Nneka gave me an apologetic smile.
Before getting up and standing beside Dozie.

"What is going on?"
I questioned.

My voice was calm, but the venom was unmistakable.

"I'm sorry, Edwin. I'm sorry for everything I said. I was not thinking." Rodney said to me.

I ignored him. "Nneka, Dozie? Will you guys tell me what's going on?"

Dozie sighed, "He came to us for help. The others wouldn't help him. He's sorry, talk things out with him,"
Dozie responded, before he and Nneka–who shouted an 'i'm sorry,'– walked out of the garden.

Now, we were the only ones there.

"After you spoke to me, i realized that it's time for me to get over Beauty. You're right. It was one sided and it was wrong of me to beat Judas up and even blindly follow her,"
He said, his voice pleading.

"And how does this concern me?" I asked, standing up.

"I said I'm sorry, Edwin. I was not thinking," he begged again.

"Do you know how much you hurt me?" I asked. "Do you know how much I'm struggling? Do you know what I have gone through?"

Rodney sighed.

I didn't know that tears were dropping from my eyes till he wiped them with his hands.

"Don't cry because of me, Edwin. I'm sorry."
He begged.

I took deep deep breaths. I did not want to begin to have a panic attack Infront of this boy.

  So, I turned around, towards the exit of the garden.

"It was not hard for you to say those words to me, so it won't be easy for me to forget. If you want me to forgive you, then make me."
I said to him, before leaving.

I spent the rest of that day in the sick bay.

•|•

I'm sorry 😂😜.
It was supposed to be nice and fun, but I wanted to buttress that forgiveness is not easy.

We all know they're going to end up together somehow, but we don't know how, and when and where.
😂💔.

I just want to go far in this book before I go to boarding school and senior year begins to choke me, bear with meeeee.....

Hope you enjoyed this chapter?

If you did, tell me why.
If you didn't, tell me why.

Till the next chapter, 😚🖤✨💋.