030| True, actual, love ❤️

Immediately after we all got home from the burial, I locked myself up in my room.

I was in there for days, Mother and Wendy occasionally brought food for me or sent the maids up to my room.

Although my phone was on, I avoided taking calls from anyone. I used my laptop and watched Netflix and Netnaija movies.

Even when I was on my phone, I did not take anyone's calls.

I just let it ring and stared at the phone till it ended.

But, on one particular day, instead of being undisturbed as usual, the curtains were drawn to the side quite violently and sun rays got into my room.

I groaned, and sat up slowly opening my eyes.

"Can a girl not sleep in peace?" I thought out loud.

"A girl can not sleep in peace if it's already noon,"
Oba deadpanned.

I opened my eyes properly and saw that almost the entire gang was in my room.

Nneka, Bri, Esosa, Oba, Rodney and Adeyemi were there. Holding balloons.

"Well, I was up late last night.
Or this early morning."
I replied, pouting and folding my arms.

"Why have you been ignoring my calls?" Oba asked.

"Why are you in my house by this time of the morning?"
I asked her in retort.

"Well, it's actually 2;37 pm."
Esosa said to me.

"Okay, I slept in. What's the big deal? You all can return to your various homes now.
I'm alive, I'm well."
I said in a dry voice.

"You have not answered my question." Oba deadpanned.

"Because," I said and stopped talking.

"Is that all?" She asked and I nodded.

"Ugh, I ignored every other person's call here. Why are you the only one fussing?"
I asked her.

She rolled her eyes. "I'm fussing on their behalf. We were really worried."

"I can see that," I said in a bored voice.

"I was surprised you didn't answer my call," Bri said in her soft voice. "I thought you had a soft spot for me,"

I smiled a genuine smile.
"Of course I do. I'm just grieving, that's all."
I responded.

"Well, don't do that again. We're your friends, and we care about your well being, you know?" Adeyemi asked and I nodded.

"Thanks guys. What's with the balloons though?"
I asked.

"We bought so many packs of a balloons so we can pop our problems away." Nneka said, grinning from ear to ear.

"But you have to take a shower. Now," Oba said sternly. She pulled my duvet off me, and pulled me out of the bed.

"Gee, you're so bossy." I told her and she laughed a fake laugh.

"And you're stressful." She replied. "We're going downstairs. Meet us there when you're done washing off."

"Or I'll go back to sleep, whichever suits me."
I told her, then shrugged.

"Don't test me, Edwin,"
Oba threatened, causing Adeyemi to take her away from my room.

I turned to Rodney who was about to leave and gave him a warm smile.

"Thank you," I said quietly.

He nodded. "I'll talk to you later?" He asked.