Chapter 2 - I'm really upset

"Beware phi, you're risking others seing you with a nong. This might be really embarassing! Like I said, thank you very much for the ride. You really didn't have to worry. Well, excuse me, nong now needs to go dress up as an adult in the hair and make up room, so when Khun phi arrives to shoot, maybe you can forget that you're acting with a child. See you! And with this, she left, leaving the eldest alone behind in her car."

Freen burst into the make-up room looking for Becky.

"Becky!"

Everyone looked scared, because they didn't expect someone to enter the room like that, much less Freen.

"Hi Freen, good morning."
"Hi. Have you seen Becky?" The girl asked disturbed. "Oh, forgive me, good morning."

The make up artist smiled and said:

"Hey girl Freen, calm down. Ms Armstrong isn't here yet."
"No? Where is she then?" The actress sounded desperate.
"I don't know... I'm not even sure if she has already arrived..."
"Yes, she did." Freen answered blankly.
"Well, then you should try the wardrobe room. Maybe she stopped there first... "
"Mmm... although it's not her custom, Becky usually does her make-up first, I'll go there, thanks." And left without giving the make up artist time to say anything.

💭 Wow, did something happen? Freen looked so upset...

Then the almond-eyed thai girl came to the wardrobe room.

"Is Becky here?"
"Good morning Ms Sarocha!"
"Damn it, I'm so sorry. Good morning. Is Becky here?"
"No, not yet..."

Once again the actress ran away without letting the costume designer speak.

💭 Shit, Becky. Where are you? Why are you nowhere to be seen? Think Freen... where could she have gone? I'm gonna try her trailer.

The older actress went after Becky, look for her in her trailer. Once again, no success... Freen decided to text the younger girl...

🗨 Becky, please, I'm sorry! I'm an idiot!!! But I'm looking for you all over to talk and apologize... please, angel, tell me where can I find you...

A few minutes later Freen received a reply:

🗨 Don't worry, phi. Nong Becky will be ready on time! I'm british, remember? I'm very punctual! Don't worry, the child knows her responsabilities. Now, you should go get ready, soon you need to be on set P'Sarocha.

The elder's heart ached. She knew she had deeply hurt the most important person in her life... and knowing Becky as only she did, Freen knew that right now the youngest needed space. But how to make her sunshine forgive her?"

💭 Shit!!! What will I do?

Freen was sitting in the make up room when the girl of her dreams walked in. Her face immediately lit up.

"Becky!" She said smiing huge.
"P'Freen..." The girl greeted her co-star politely, even bowing with joined hands, as is the custom to address elders in Thailand.

Sarocha immediately dropped her smile. And it all didn't go unnoticed by everyone in that room.

"Okay, Freen. You can go and get dressed. I mean, if you want to wait for Becky, that's fine. But for my part, you're already released.  She's beautiful, don't you think Becbec?" The make-up artist teased the hazel-eyed girl.

Before the older girl could say anything, Becky stated:

"Yes, P'Freen is really pretty. But don't worry, you don't have to wait for me. I'm childish, but I've already learned my way to the wardrobe room. Thank you, Phi." Once again. The youngest girl revered her older colleague.

Everyone was surprised by Rebecca's attitude. Freen didn't say a word. She just looked at the ceiling trying to keep the tears from falling so as not to ruin her make-up. So when she managed to control the urge to cry (after a huge effort) she just nodded and left.

Becky didn't feel any different. So much so that the actress excused herself and ran to the toilet, so she could cry away from people's eyes.

Freen arrived in the wardrobe room extremely sad. Nam, who was already there, went to talk to her friend.

"Hey, are you okay?"
"No..." and this was enough to open the dam of tears for the actress who could no longer hold back the urge to cry.
"Freen! Come here." Nam took the almond-eyed girl by the arm to the nearest toilet. She had to wait a few minutes till Sarocha calm down a little bit.

"Hey, calm down, it's okay." The friend kept telling her.
"No, Nam. It isn't. 😭"
"What do you mean? What is going on?"

So Freen told her friend  everything. Nam couldn't believe in her ears...

"Fuck, Freen... are you serious? Nong? 🤦🏻‍♀️. Look, I'm gonna help you with Becky, but it's past time for you to be honest! Not only with me, but with yourself at first!"
"W-what d-do you mean?"
"Please Freen... you know perfectly well what I mean!"

Suddenly Freen's cell phone hang. It was Becky. The girl's face immediately lit up and she answered quickly:

"Hi Becbec!"
"Where are you, Phi? P'Nattapong asked me to call you. I know it's not what a kid is supposed to do, calling someone older, but I'm just following a request from our director. We start shooting in 10 minutes."
"Becky, please, angel... don't do that..."
"Doing what? Say that I'm a kid? Well, why not? Once this is exactly how you see me?"
"You know this is not true, baby! And I'm really sorry if I made you believe that this is how I see you..."
"Mmm, okay,  P'Freen,  please hurry up."
"Becky, could you please stop calling me Phi?"
"I'm afraid I can't, phi. I might be just a kid, but my parents educated me right. They taught me I must be respectful to elders. I've been a bit lost, and forgot where is my place. I'm sorry about that. But I assure you this won't happen again."
"Becky.. "
"Well, please, hurry up.  I'm already here. The child is waiting for the adult. See you." And after that, the thai/british girl hung up. Her chest hurt so much she couldn't even tell how much. It was so much pain, that she was numbed.

Freen was stucked. Nam heard it all and felt sorry for both girls.

"I screwed it all up..." Sarocha said devastated.
"No. Not yet. Now we gotta go. But after our scenes, we're gonna have a frankly conversation. Let's go, we have 7 minutes."

The first scene of the day was Sam and Mon in the restaurant toilet,  where Sam was thick with Mon. Rebecca thought that this atmosphere between them would somehow help the scene... little did she know...

After a brief trip to make-up room to clean up the damage done by the tears (Nam said a speck had fallen in Freen's  eye), they went straight to the set. When Freen arrived, Becky was completely devastated. She was downcast, could barely look people in the eye.

"I'm sorry for the delay." Freen apologized.

Everybody looked at her worried.

"Are you okay Chankimha?" Nattapong asked genuinely concerned.
"Don't worry, P'Nattapong. Let's start." Sarocha replied looking at Becky.

They never had so many problems shooting a scene as they did that day. Freen just couldn't get into the character. Neither could Becky. There were more than 10 attempts, until the director decided that they would change this scene to later.

Both actresses  "dragged" until lunch time. It was clear that neither of them was well.

"Becky, what's wrong?" Irin asked.
"Oh Irin..."
"You and Freen fought, right?"
"Yes. I mean, I fought with her. She keeps calling me nong, and that... that... aaahhh this is so frustratting!!!"
"That saddens and annoys you?"
"That's correct!"
"You know why, right?"
"Do I?"
"Yes. Come on, let's talk about that during lunch."
"Oh no, I'm not hungry. Thank you."
"But I am. Come with me, it's time to see what's been right under your nose for ages!"