Ch. 5) Starved

Sugaru was quick to give me a tour. From explaining who the people in the pictures were, to even showing me what was in his fridge.

"I don't know about you, but I need a shower." He said rubbing the back of his neck as I layed in his bed. His sheets and room was heavy with his scent, almost sending me into overdrive. I couldn't imagine what his bathroom smelled like.

I felt the weight shift on the bed as he got up and rummaged through his dresser. After he gave me a tour we just sat and talked for a little bit. I noticed he would try to change the subject if I asked about him too much. So most of the time he was the one asking questions.

"Can I shower after you?" I asked nervously watching him pull out a new pair of clothes.

"Of course. If you're bored when I'm in there, I have Netflix, Hulu, you can just explore if you want." He said turning to give me a smile. For a minute I thought he was going to tell me to get in with him.

"Can I play some music?" I asked as my face lit up.

"No need to ask silly." He chuckled as he moved over to pat my head gently before going to the bathroom.

I quickly scurried to the living room and went to Youtube, playing some of my favorite songs before putting on shuffle. It also wasn't long before I found my way to the Mochi in his freezer.

He wasn't in the shower for long before he came out in nothing but sweat pants. If it was anything less I don't think I'd be able to control myself.

"Your turn." He smiled making his way to his room. He hung his towel on the back of his door.

"I'll get out some clothes for you incase you want some to sleep in." He winked moving back to his dresser. My heart dropped and I began to feel flustered as hell. Was he assuming I was just gonna strip?

"What's that supposed to mean? I'm not gonna walk around naked." I said moving to his room with him. He chuckled as he realized what I said.

"No... I mean... In case you want to wear mine instead of the ones you worked in." He chuckled again as my face grew beat red. I'm such an idiot.

"Although... I wouldn't mind-" I cut him off slapping his shoulder as he let out another chuckle. His laugh was amazing, so contagious. I covered my face with the clothes he had handed me as I silently made my way to the bathroom.

I don't know why but I always felt like a fool around him. I quickly turned the shower on, beginning to strip out of my work clothes as I locked the bathroom door. I still wondered what it would be like if he was with me during moments like this.

I thought about him in ways I shouldn't with barely knowing him, then again now we're having "sleepovers" with each other.

I huffed as I stepped into the shower. A neat row of soaps sat on the wall. I quickly lathered up my hair and my body, eager to be within the same vicinity as him. Shit... I forgot to get a towel... I hope they're under the sink. My heart sunk as fear set in my chest.

Fuck, how can I forget to ask him for a towel?

I shut off the shower when I was finished, carefully getting out. The floor was slippery and the air was cold as it caressed my wet skin.

Great. No towels under the sink... only cleaning supplies.

"Uh, Sugaru." I yelled nervously out through the door.

"Hmm? Everything okay?" He asked, I could hear his voice growing as his foot steps approached the door.

"I just, I need a towel."