Chapter 03: Was It Bach Or Simpson?

January 2015

Dean continued to drive for a few miles before pulling over when he decided he'd driven far enough away. Turning back around to look at Melissa he asked her. "Alright, so what do you know about this witch?"

"Not much. Her name is Sonja. She's kind of weird. I don't know. She's only been my hairdresser for a couple of months." Melissa replied.

"Dean!" Sam was glaring next to him. "What the hell was that back there?" Dean just shrugged in response. "You think it's a great idea to give yourself a fatal curse? You didn't have to do that. Would you stop trying to carry the weight all by yourself."

The older Winchester wasn't having it and he got out of the car before Sam could continue on his lecture. Sam turned around to you and sighed. "Why does he always have to be a martyr?"

"Because that's what you both do..." You replied to him. You hated it too. You hated watching him kiss Melissa even more, but you kept that to yourself. Turning to her, you asked. "Do you know where she lives?" Melissa shook her head.

"Well where did she give you the spell?" Sam continued your line of questioning.

"In the basement of her salon..." She replied.

Having had enough of the conversation in the car, you opened Baby's door and jumped out to follow Dean who was at the boot, collecting more weapons no doubt. He looked up at you as you came over to stand next to him. His facial expression was apologetic. "Have you come here to harp on at me like Sam was?"

"No..." You shook your head. "Although he's right you know... You took a chance to help her, but now it's coming after you..." You had to shake the image of him kissing Melissa out of your head.

"Yeah, well..." Dean raised his hand up and scratched the back of his head. Stoping as soon as he had started to stare at you. Both of his hands now found their way to your own head, running them through your hair, gently patting. His expression was concerned as he seemed to search your scalp. What the fuck was he doing?

You looked at him strangely. "Sorry... I was just checking for glass. You know the window before... Don't want you picking up any more scars now do we..." He commented.

"Oh... Right. Um... I think I'm good..." You whispered quietly. He nodded at you.

Now seeming satisfied that you hadn't been cut anywhere, his hands returned to busy himself with his guns. He grabbed the witch killing bullets out of their compartment and was now loading them.  Swapping it with the silver ones he'd used earlier.

"Melissa says she got the spell at the hairdressers salon. So we should probably go there and see if we can work out how to stop it before..." You trailed off. You didn't want to think of Dean being attacked by the... Well whomever appeared to him.

He looked over at you. "Yeah... Good... Where's your gun?" And he held his palm out open flat for you to give him the object.

You pulled it out from behind your back, but hesitated. "I can do it." Your voice was soft but firm.

"No... Lemme. We're dealing with a witch. I need to know you're prepared." Knowing you'd promised to follow his direction, you gave up pushing the issue further and placed the grip in his open palm.

In front of you, a car door opened and Sam appeared, placing himself next to Dean to ready his own gun. You stood there watching on as the fourth door of Baby opened and closed and Melissa came round the back of Baby to join you.

She stared at you, eyes opened wide as you looked at her with an unconvincing smile. "What kind of FBI agents are you?" She asked incredulously.

"The fake kind." Dean was short with her.