Chapter 35: Moving In

May 2015

By the time the two of you had enjoyed yourselves and cleaned up properly as you had originally intended to do, it was well past dinner time. Dean's stomach was rumbling and you both decided it was definitely time to round up something for dinner. Finding enough ingredients to make a couple of epic sandos for you both.

Dean being impatient had found himself a bag of chips and was munching on them at the kitchen island as you assembled the sandwiches. "We should probably do another supply run tomorrow. Assuming nothing else comes up." He commented through another mouthful.

"Something always comes up." You replied matter of factly. Flipping the sandwich in the pan over with the egg flip.

Chuckling at your comment, he put his chip packet down and walked over to the fridge. "You wanna beer?" He asked as he opened the door. Shutting it as quickly as he'd opened it he added. "Never mind... We're out."

"Why is the beer always gone?" You giggled through your impersonation of Jack Sparrow.

Dean ignored your Disney reference as he collected his spare whiskey from the pantry and two glasses to poor you both a dram at the dining table. You following him there a couple of minutes later with two plated sandwiches. Pulling up the stool opposite him to eat your simple meal together.

Throughout dinner, you and Dean happily discussed what you would do for the rest of the evening. At least, it started out happily, until the conversation turned to the topic you had recently come to dread. Whose room you would do the chosen activity in.

Ever since it had been brought up again in front of Charlie, it felt like almost everyday a joke or wise crack was made about you moving into his room. Charlie bringing it up while she was still staying with you all and even Sam bringing it up once. Although Sam was actually teasing Dean in the process, suggesting that no one would ever want to share with him, due to how gross he could be.

"The best thing about moving into the bunker, was no longer having to share with him, unless we're on the road. And now that you two are together, I rarely have to do that anymore. He's your problem Glowworm. I've told you that." Sam had said.

Back in the present, you were getting frustrated. "Okay... You clearly want to talk about this more. But I don't know what else I can tell you, besides I'm not ready?"  You told him.

"I'm just trying to understand sweetheart." Dean insisted. "We live together and we sleep in the same bed together every night. But we always have to decide whose room we're going to do that in. Doesn't it make more sense for you to just move in with me?"

You thought about what he had said for a moment before replying cheekily. "Why does it have to be your room?"

Dean chuckled at you. "Because I was living in the bunker first and I've had my room longer... Seriously though. I don't wanna pressure you, but it just makes sense to me. Our things in the same room. Your girly sheets on my memory foam mattress. It's a match made in heaven." He grinned.

You snorted at that. "They're not really your colour..."

"Sweetheart. You don't have to keep making jokes about it. If you're uncomfortable with the idea, just tell me." He said softly.

"I dunno what to tell you Dean." You sighed. "I like the idea of it. I really do... It just seems a bit, too soon. We've only been together for, what, two months?..."