Chapter 23: So, About My Friend, God

April 2015

Still in Tulsa, a couple of hours later again, you now found yourself leaving the motel with Dean and Claire. The three of you had stayed behind while Sam and Cass went to scope out Peter Holloway's property, hoping to find any trace of Amelia there. If her credit card records were anything to go by, chances were she had tracked the suspected angel to the same place. Two questions remained. Was she still there and was she still alive?

Claire had wanted to go with them, but Cass wouldn't allow it. As for you, as usual, the boys were concerned about you being near any angels they didn't know. Worried that the whole God bringing you here business, was still a risk to your safety. So you stayed behind, Dean opting to stay with you over being a part of the action. Something that surprised both you and Sam.

The plan was all well and good in theory, but it was driving the three of you nuts. Claire still resented Dean for what he had done to Randy and the other men at the house that night back in November. Dean held a grudge at Claire for the way she had spoken to you back at the hospital earlier that day. And you had to grin and bear it, acting in typical Libra fashion, as the diplomat.

"You know what, this is getting old, real fast. If we have to play babysitter to a teenager for the rest of the night, let's at least do it somewhere else..." He stood up out of the chair he'd been sitting on and grabbed his jacket off the backrest of another.

"Where exactly do you want to go?" You asked as you watched him putting on the outer layer of clothing.

"Anywhere but here. I'm gonna loose my mind if we stay here." You heard Claire mutter something smart under her breath, but Dean either didn't hear her or didn't bother to acknowledge it. Forcing a grin, he then added. "Come on. There has to be something to do that's kid friendly in this crappy place."

Claire scoffed at that. "Kid? At least I'm acting close to my age, man child."

You sighed as you stood up too. This was going to be a long night.

Dean handed you your jacket for you to put on and then moved towards the door to open it. As you finished putting your arm in the last sleeve, you looked over to where he still stood under the door frame and watched as his head motioned to outside. "Let's go."

Surprisingly Claire followed him, but not before first producing an eye roll. She grabbed her own jacket off the hook near the entryway and pushed past him before you had moved yourself.

"Come on sweetheart. Even Claire wants to leave this shithole..." His forced smile turned into a real grin as he waved his arm in a beckoning motion.

Finally, you walked over to him and as you stepped through the open door, he pulled it closed behind you.

Claire was already waiting in the car park, her hands placed in the pockets of her jacket. She looked at you expectantly as you walked over to her. Dean, hot on your heels, following right behind.

Sam had taken Baby, so unless he planned on taking someone's car, because you knew he refused to drive Cass', you were walking to wherever it was you were going. And as he draped his arm across your back, you realised that to be the case.

He moved you towards the street, which was fairly empty for a Friday night. Then again, you still didn't really know what kind of a place Tulsa was, so maybe this was busy. Besides knowing you knew the name from somewhere, it just still wasn't coming to you. So how the hell did you know it?

Once on the footpath, Dean pulled on your shoulder to stop you alongside him and then looked around, from left to right. "So where to Romeo?" Claire asked him sarcastically.