Chapter 05: Improvising

February 2015

Dean had taken the time to fix Baby's slashed tire before any of you had left Barbara's house. The femme fatale version you'd first met of Charlie had done the slicing. You assumed at first, it was because he didn't want to leave her there. But you were wrong. It had something to do with it bending the rims if it stayed that way. Sam helped him with it while you met this other, new Charlie officially.

This Charlie had the same length of hair but she'd curled it slightly. She was dressed more like the way the boys had described her to you. Wearing a novelty T-shirt and a colourful flannel over the top. Opened as Sam and Dean wore theirs.

That was the Charlie that sat before you now in the bar. She was attempting to explain why there was two of her. Constantly referring to herself as the 'good' one, while the version you'd first met was 'dark'. That explained the clothes, hair and makeup to you.

She had been in Oz, the Land of, not the country Down Under, as the boys had once indeed told you, and now she was back. Chasing after her other self, the dark version. The whole splitting in two thing was thanks to the Wonderful Wizard, whom also existed. As did everyone else you'd heard of in the movies and books.

The Land of Oz had been at war, and in order to win, the Wizard had told Charlie she would need to unleash her inner darkness.

In her own words, "I had to unleash my true darkness, which he meant literally. He used the inner key of Oz. It opens a door to your soul and lets the darkness out. Uh, we're still connected physically. If you hurt her, you hurt me. But bottom line is, she's bad, and I'm good."

"Okay, uh... 'Good' Charlie... Why is 'dark' Charlie gunning for revenge?" Dean asked, seeming to be on the ball with everything he'd heard. Although his facial expression and voice were showing signs of disbelief.

Charlie explained that the dark version of herself was trying to win her back, wanting to be reunited as one again. And she felt the best way to do that, was to go after the drunk driver who had killed her parents years ago and gotten away with it.

The Charlie before you didn't want to be reunited with her, having seen the things the other had done and had planned to lock her away somehow. Sam and Dean however thought this was a bad idea. Dean going on to suggest you should all go back to Oz with aCharlie and force the "Wizard of Douche" to put them back together again.

They're not Humpty Dumpty, you thought to yourself but decided not to speak it out aloud.

"Even if I did want her back... Look, dark me broke the key. There's no way to get back to the Wizard..." Charlie said,  overriding Dean's suggestion.

One thing they all agreed upon was finding the drunk driver before Dark Charlie did. Which meant going through the bank statements Barbara had told you about and tracing it back to whoever it was. As 'good' Charlie wasn't willing to hack into any banks like that, Sam suggested she run him through it, thus him doing the 'bad' deed.

"Let me just tell you, being good is really annoying. Normally in a place like this, I'd be pounding Harvey Wallbangers and checking out the bartender's ass. Now all I want to do is sip club soda and send her to college..." Charlie sighed.

As Sam begun setting up his laptop, you decided to ask aloud. "What's a Harvey Wallbanger?"

Dean looked at you amused while Charlie answered you. "It's Vodka, Galliano and orange juice."

"Like a screwdriver..." You added with a chuff.

"That's the first thing you found interesting about the whole conversation?" Dean chuckled at you.