Chapter 37: Night Moves

May 2015

Sam was on the other side of the wall in his own hotel room. Currently recovering from a drastic amount of blood loss that he had inflicted on himself. Dean had lost a bit too, but nowhere near as much. He had reassured you of that.

Thanks to the Winchester brothers blood donations, the Werther box had been disabled and you had been brought out of the illusion spell you most certainly had been under. Coming out unscathed, aside from the mental images it had presented you with.

Suzie, had not been so lucky.

You had found out, Dean had also been under an illusion but had managed to bust himself out. He was yet to tell you how but had promised to do so once he had destroyed Magnus' box for good with the help of his sledgehammer he kept in Baby's boot.

What had this all been for?

A codex. Whatever the hell that was.

All you knew from Sam's brief explanation he had given you while Dean was occupied, was that it would help Rowena read the Book of the Damned. And that was enough information for you. Still wanting to be as ignorant about everything as much as was possible.

Now two hours later, since you'd had your conversation with Sam, the three of you found yourselves in two adjoining rooms of a nearby motel. You and Dean wanting to keep an eye on the younger Winchester, while also getting a bit of rest yourselves before returning home in the morning.

Dean's hands had moved to your waist and pulled you in close to him. His arms finding their way around you to bring you flush against his body as he studied your face. "Sweetheart?" He asked you again. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah... I think I'm doing better than Sam looks." You replied in an attempt to make light of the situation.

The hunter before you wasn't having it and his brow furrowed. "Alright... I won't make you tell me what you saw back there... But you and I were under the same spell Suzie was. She might not have made it out, but we did... And that's what matters... Okay?" He looked into your eyes for confirmation of his open ended question and you gave him the response he was looking for with a single nod of your head.

Dean sighed with a look of worry. But he said no more. Opting to kiss you on the forehead, quite forcibly, before pulling you under his chin to rest his head against yours. His hands started rubbing your back as he stated. "I dunno about you, but I could use a hot shower... Wanna join me? We don't even have to have sex..."

That caused you to chuckle into him. Knowing he'd said that on purpose to make you laugh. His body shaking against yours the second he realised it had worked. He pulled back to look at you once more, his hands moving to your upper arms as he did so, smirking in that charming way he did so well.

"Unless you want to of course." Dean teased before leading you by a hand to the bathroom at the back of the room. Stopping by the duffle bags sitting on the spare bed to pick up the toiletry bag he knew you kept in yours.

As the two of you undressed and the water was turned on, his eyes never left you. Seeming to be on high alert like the hunter he was by profession, never allowing himself to fully relax. Was this all because of you and his worry for you? Or was there something else going on?

"Dean?" You asked softly as the two of you entered under the warm stream of water together. He 'hmm'ed' at you and you took your cure to continue. "What about you? Are you okay?"

His hands found their way around you once more, pulling you into a slippery hug. The water no longer passing through your bodies as he left no room for it to do so. "Yeah sweetheart. I'm used to this kind of shit... You're not..."