Chapter 28: Date Night

April 2015

Shortly after six, you found yourself sitting next to Dean in Baby as he drove the two of you into town. As he had suggested, you wore the a-line dress you were yet to wear since you'd brought it in Wichita. Teeing it up with a pair of sheer leggings as the night had been cool and your leather jacket over the top.

You also had your purse with you. Your gun and knife tucked neatly under the light cardigan you had placed in it too, solely to shield the weapons from view. He had insisted you go back and get it the second he noticed you hadn't been carrying it as you entered the war room before leaving the bunker. Further making sure you had your weapons in there by riffling through the bag before you both climbed the stairs.

"How about dinner and then drinks at that bar we went to for your birthday?" He asked. "We haven't had a game of pool together since then."

You grinned at that, remembering back to when he'd shown you a few tricks. More like helped you play the game, ever so up close and personal and well before you'd become as close as you were now. Nodding your head, you agreed. "Sure. You might have to help me with the first round though." You added cheekily.

Dean glanced at you and smirked. "Any excuse to be close to me huh. Sweetheart?"

"Naturally. You're awesome!" You chuckled, using his favourite line about himself before leaning in to kiss him on the cheek. "You know that birthday was probably the best I've ever had?" You admitted.

"That birthday was the first time you kissed me too." He recalled. "Just like that."

You looked at him perplexed. "You remember that?"

"Of course I do. I was tempted to pull you back for more. But I didn't know how you felt about me back then... And you were drunk..." Dean shook his head as he continued to focus on the road.

"Yeah I was. But I also knew what I was doing..." You interjected.

He chuckled. "Maybe you did. But I wasn't going to take advantage of you like that. If you'd have been someone else, maybe, but not you."

You didn't know whether to take him seriously on that or not. To you he had always been and still was a gentleman. And it made you wonder how he had treated other women he'd encountered before you. Knowing he had a history of hookups and one night stands. Surely he had been just as kind and caring to his casual partners as he always had been with you.

"What's going on in your head there?" He asked, pulling you out of your little world you'd currently found yourself in.

"I just don't believe you've ever taken advantage of any girl. Whether she was a one night stand or not." You said unfiltered.

Dean quietly snorted at that. "Yeah well, maybe not, but I've got a reputation to uphold remember. And I guess you'll never find out... I've found my partner in crime for life and that's you... Even if my life is only short..."

"Uh-uh." You butted in aggressively. "None of that. You're sticking around, so if you mean that, I hope you made your choice wisely."

"Of course I meant it." Dean glanced at you again and then motioned his head for you to slide over closer to him so he could wrap his arm around you.

Why you hadn't already sat right up next to him like that, you didn't really know, but you decided to do it more often. Enjoying the drive even more when he held you like that. Even at the speeds he drove at.

When you arrived in Lebanon, Dean pulled the Impala up curb side opposite the local Italian restaurant where you usually bought take away pizzas from. The bar you had been to on your birthday was two blocks away which meant you'd be easily able to walk there and back after your date had ended.