Chapter 15: Waiting With The Enemy

March 2015

Crowley had apparated behind Cass and he now slowly walked towards the four of you. His right hand held a piece of dark cloth. Even in the minimal light, it was easy to tell it was ragged. The size indicating that more than likely, the First Blade was hidden beneath it.

"Gentlemen..." The King of Hell greeted Sam, Dean and Cass. His voice was as oddly polite and charming as ever. And had you not known his status and only seen his appearance, you'd have wanted to join him for a beer and hear his life's story. There was something clearly wrong with you. "It's been a while, Koala..."

You looked over to him as he addressed you. His eyes showed delight, while his cheeks puffed outwardly as a closed grin spread across his face. His smile creeped you the fuck out. Instantly changing your opinion of him.

The last time you had seen Crowley was in the bar with Dean, almost a year ago. Back then, Crowley had appeared behind you. This time, you were relieved that you were standing in front of Baby. Wondering if you hadn't have been, would he have chosen to appear behind you again.

Having now stopped and standing next to Cass he continued to address you. "I'm surprised they let you out of your cage. Haven't found your way back home then? Or do you prefer the company of moose, squirrels and feathers?" The demon snickered.

Crowley really did like using nicknames. You knew Dean was squirrel. Which meant Sam must be moose and Cass was obviously feathers.

You considered calling him Boris. At least you thought that was the name of Rocky and Bullwinkle's funny looking enemy. He certainly reminded you of the short stumpy character. But you thought it best not to piss him off. If he could apparate as he frequently seemed to do, you didn't want to face his wrath.

As neither you nor your companions responded to him. Crowley continued the tirade. "I doubt barbecued koala tastes as good as kangaroo meat, so I am curious to see you here, DYING to meet Cain... But then again, there's something different about you, isn't there? Both physically and in, luminosity..."

"What's wrong Crowley?" Dean said mockingly. "Are you scared of her or something?" He and Sam had now moved closer to you.

Crowley chortled. "Your actions speak louder than your words Dean. You and your brother are overly protective of the little marsupial and it makes me wonder why you'd bring her here of all places when Cain is about to strike at any minute. What new information have you discovered about our kidnapped koala?"

"What do you mean, our?" Dean spat back.

"We have more pressing matters to discuss right now." Cass reminded them. "Is that the blade in your hand Crowley?" The object Crowley carried finally being addressed.

The demon looked over to the angel. The grin he held on his face leaving him as he spoke with a snark. "No. I'm carrying this dirty cloth around with me for 'funsies'... Of course it's the bloody blade! But I'm not handing it over until I know there's no risk to us."

"There is no us." Dean's voice cut in. And you watched as Sam turned to his brother, perturbed. "You're here for one reason and that's to hand me the Blade."

Crowley hesitated on his next few words. "Yeah, about that..." He cleared his throat and looked directly at Dean as he spoke, ignoring Sam, Cass and you. "I'm going to need some kind of reassurance that you're not going to turn on me the second I hand it over. Much safer to keep it out if your hands until Cain is cornered don't you think? Sam? Cass? You really want the mark and the blade together before then? Hmm?"