Chapter seventeen Seiya pov:

I was swimming in the tank but I was in human form and Ruby was on the other side of the glass, watching me. Suddenly I couldn't breathe and I tried to move up to the top but I couldn't move. She looked scared as she called out my name and started banging on the glass. I tried to scream but no sound came from my lips. Then it was like something pulled her away,as she reached for me and I tried calling out her name as it became harder for me to breathe. I was stuck, trapped as the air was leaving my lungs and I felt my eyes start to close as I was dying. I jerked awake with a gasp to see the others standing over me.

"Food." One them said, looking down at me and I took a deep breath.

"Yes. I go." I say getting up to find Maddie.

We both carried a cooler down the docks, towards the man who sells fish.
"I sleep but I see." I tell her as we walked.

"You had a dream." She told me.

"Dream?" I asked confused.

"That doesn't happen in the water?" She asked and I shook my head.

"No."

"Humans dream all the time."

"Why?" I asked, looking at her.

"A lot of time it's how our minds deal with anxieties. Things we want or desire. Things that scare us or we don't understand." Maddie told me as we gave the cooler to the seller for him to fill up. He would never know they're going to people for them to eat. Probably thought it was for the Sea Lions.

"Ruby was in my dream. I am scared of her?" I asked, trying to understand.

"I don't think you're scared of her like she's bad. I think you're scared of your feelings for her." Maddie explained and I stared surprised. My feelings? I know I love her. I love all three of them. But if it's a different type of feeling besides just love then that means.....

"But she is female?" I say to Maddie and she smiled at me.

"Well on land, there are many types of relationships. Female and female relationships are common though not always accepted. Ruby is what we humans call a lesbian. So she's only attracted to females like you and me. Besides you kiss me too and I'm female, there's no difference." Before I could say anything else ,her phone rang.
"Oh hey we were just talking about you." Maddie said and I could hear that feminine voice I've become used to on the other end. Ruby. "Okay we're on our way." She hung up the phone and looked at me. "Their having trouble. We gotta go." She told me as we picked up the cooler and left.

When we got there, we could hear noises inside the warehouse and we looked at each other quickly before we ran inside.

"What's going on?" Maddie asked When we were inside. Everyone was all over the place , fighting or breaking stuff.

"Thank god you're both here." Ruby said coming up to us and I was briefly reminded of my dream.

"The whole listening thing is a problem." Ben said staring at them.

"Stop!" I told them and they all stopped what they were doing and looked at me, and I let out a warning hiss.

"I tried that." Ben said.

"Lot of good it did." Ruby said and he looked at her.

"That's not my fault." He told her.

"I didn't say that." She replied and I watched them talk or more like I watched Ruby talk. She definitely is different than any female I've met,my kind or human. With her short hair and pictures covering her body. Then not mention she has our blood which would make it a little strange. I've never kissed a girl or boy of my kind but that wasn't odd for us because we don't kiss in the water. That's a human thing.