Chapter 11. 5 Ruby pov:

"Are you sure I should go to this? I didn't know him." I say as Maddie and me walked up  to Bens houseboat as Maddie had picked me up 30 minutes ago from my house.

"Yeah it's open to the public and you've met Xander so it'll be fine." Maddie said as we stepped inside.

Ben was buttoning the wrist of his long sleeve, white dress shirt. Maddie was wearing a black turtleneck dress that was sleeveless. The lily tattoo on her arm showing and had a flower colored scarf around her neck as held her coat in her hand.

I just had on a white, dress shirt with a black vest and  woman dress pants with a black long coat on. Seiya walked out of the bedroom in nothing but a long black t-shirt as Maddie was talking to Ben about her father.

"These clothes. Why?" Seiya asked as she touched Maddie's scarf and reached for my vest with her other hand.

"This is a way people show their respect when someone dies." Maddie explained.

"I want to know what else do humans do?" She asked looking at both of us, curiously.

"It depends...."Maddie said looking over at me as she stepped closer and spoke in a low voice. "When there's a body, some people might choose to bury that body in the ground."

"Or they cremate the body,which mean to burn it." I explain.

"Or like my dad, he goes into nature to grieve." Maddie said to her. "Different people show grief differently."

"It's complicated." I say, touching her black, silky hair.

"It's especially complicated when there's no body." Ben blurted out and we looked at him silently.

"This death is my fault." Seiya said looking down.

"No. That's not what I meant." Ben said.

"My sister,she tell me she will kill. She killed your friend."

"I put the North Star in danger Seiya. Me, not you. I knew what your sister was capable of. She's a predator. An animal. And I lead Sean straight to his death." Ben said and I lowered my head, not knowing what to say. If there was anything to say. His best friend's father was dead because Donna and some vengeful mermaids decided to attack any boat they could.

Ben grabbed his coat and looked at us. "I'll have to meet you guys in the car." He said to me and Maddie before leaving out the door.

"Does Ben think this of me? Seiya is animal?" She said looking at both of us.

"He just needs some time that's all." Maddie said gently.

"Yeah, he's hurting. Like with grief his hurt is coming out differently." I say and rubbed her shoulder. Maddie grabbed her purse and phone off the table.

"We got to go but we'll be back." Maddie told her and touched her shoulder, while I gave her a small smile before following Maddie out the door.

"You guys weren't there, you didn't see. They attacked us. They tried to kill every last one of us on that boat. Seiya almost killed Ruby under water." Ben said as we walked down the boating dock. The car ride from Ben's house to the boating dock, where the funeral was being held was silent until now.

"Technically she didn't." I say sighing. I still don't know why she didn't attack me but I wasn't gonna question it. I would probably be dead right now if she did.

"In the water, Seiya is different." Maddie argued back.

"That's exactly what I can't stop thinking about. Is it really just the water ? I mean she killed Donnie ."