Chapter thirty nine Seiya pov:

"I think they like the park." I say, watching Hope and Faith play in the sand.

"Kids usually do." Ruby said next to me on the park bench as we both looked at them. It's been a few days since Maddie left with Robb. I've stopped searching everyday for hours in the ocean, hoping to spot some sign of Ben. Maybe he is gone but I know one day we will see him again.

"I want them to learn all they can about land. Like me." I say,smiling.

"They will. They're very smart like you." She said and I looked at her and smiled more. I'm so glad I still have her with me. She stared at Faith and and Hope too, but she seemed like she was thinking hard about something.

"Are you okay? You're very quiet." I say , turning to her, and she looked at me.

"I have to talk to you about something." She said in a quiet voice.

"What is wrong?" I asked her and she went quiet for a long time.

"I'm leaving."

I stared at her, confused. "Where are you going?" I asked, trying to understand.

"Back home. To L.A."

"How long will you be gone?" I asked, feeling this strange feeling in my chest as she went quiet again.

"I don't know. A while." She said and I gasped and looked away. The dream I had when she was being pulled away as I was drowning, flashed in my head; but not because I was afraid of my feelings for her. She was leaving me. "I have something for you."

I turned to look at her as she spoke and pulled something out of her bag and gave it to me. It was an envelope and I opened it to pull out an ID like the one I have and a little black book that said passport on it. "That was hard for me to get but that ID is real, so you can travel if you want. See other lands, other oceans." She told me and I looked at her and shook my head.

"I will come with you." I told her.

"You can't."

"Why?" I asked, frowning.

"You belong here. I can't ask you to follow me especially if you don't know when you will be back here." Ruby said.

"It is my choice." I stated more firmly.

"I don't live close to the ocean. I'm an hour away at least. If you needed to get to get to the ocean fast, it would be hard if you needed to get back."

"It will be okay. We would find a way." I say.

"What about Hope and Faith?" She asked quietly.

"They will come with us. We will all be together. A family." I tell her, holding her hand. I had been thinking about this for the last couple of days. I want to have a family. Like humans have, maybe even have my own marry me someday. She just stared at me and shook her head.

"I don't know. Don't you want to find Ben?" She asked me and I looked down.

"Ben is gone. I think he will come to us when he can."

"You mean his spirit?"

"Yes." I say, nodding.

"I am still sad that he he is gone, but  without Ruby......" I paused and touched my chest. "Hurt more inside." I tell her and she looked at her hand in mine.

"I didn't know that." She said and I reached over and touched her cheek, enjoying how soft it was. She was always soft, as she met my gaze.

"I had a dream about you again. I did not understand it at first, But now I do. We are supposed to be together. I want to be with you Ruby. Wherever you are." I say staring at her beautiful eyes.

"Are you saying you would become human?" She asked quietly.

"Yes. I will be human." I say, nodding.

"I don't want you to have to do that, just for me. You don't have to choose."
She shook her head.

"I want to be with you. I choose you but you must also choose me." I say to her and I watched as a smile came to her lips.

"I do choose you. I have this whole time." She said and my mouth mirrored hers and I felt something inside my chest. Like a flutter similar to the feel of a jellyfish without the painful sting. I guess this was the feeling of pure happiness. I brought her hand to my heart so she could feel how it was beating.

"Together. Family." I say, nodding at her.

"Yeah. Family." She said and nodded back and I smiled again ,leaning forward and kissed her and she deepened it.

"When do we have to leave?" I asked when we pulled away.

"In 2 days. I have to go back and pack." She said looking over at Hope Faith. They found some long sticks and was hitting them together, like they were fighting. I looked from them to Ruby again.

"I  need to go back to the water. One more time."

A/n: small chapter I know but this story is coming to an end sadly :(