Chapter nineteen Seiya pov:

"Come. Now." I say to Susan as I opened her door and brought her to the room. "I bring her." I say  to Maddie and Ruby, and Susan covered her mouth when she saw the man.

"Oh my god."

"We found him like this okay." Maddie said to her mother and I saw she no longer looked like she was gonna cry.

"Your father comes back tonight right?" Susan asked as she still stared at the body.

"Yeah."

"Call him. Call your dad." She told Maddie, looking at all of us. Not to soon after Maddie called him, her father came and looked around the room.

"Mom left something here and-"

"Shh!" He said holding his hand up.

"It's my fault. The girls were trying to help me." Susan said to him.

"Mom wasn't here when it- when we found him." Maddie explained as he looked at the man.

"Well it looks like he had some kind of accident." He said as he stared at the body.

"Yeah."

"Did you call the sheriff Station?" He asked ,looking at Maddie.

"We can't be apart of anything like this because of Seiya's...visa status."
Maddie told him and he looked back at the body.

"I guess I'll have to take care of this." Why don't you take your mother and Ruby home."

"Okay. Let's go Seiya." Maddie said I turned to follow her.

"I'll take care of Seiya. She can fill me in." Her father said looking at me. "Where are you staying these days?"

"With Maddie." I told him.

"We share an apartment." Maddie answered him and he stared at her.

"I guess we'll be talking about that later."

            **************

I was now in his car as he drove and it was Silent until I spoke. "The man. He hurt Maddie." I say still not happy that happened.

"So you killed him."

"Yes." I say nodding.

"You saved my daughter's life. I'll never be able to thank you enough. She means everything to me." He said. She means everything to me too. All three of them do. I thought to myself. I would kill anyone to protect them.

"Maddie is love." I simply replied to him.

"But you must know, this is bad. It's a big mess."

"Mess?" I asked looking at him confused.

"We have laws on land that cannot be broken. You can't just kill someone, even if it seems like the right thing to do."

"Why?" I asked. I didn't understand it. He was a bad man and deserved what happened to him.

"Because it's the law. It keeps people safe." He answered.

"Maddie not safe." I argued back and he went quiet.

"No she wasn't. But killing people is wrong?"

"Always?" I asked and he just looked at me, silently. It was quiet until he pulled up at our apartment.

"Okay Seiya how do I say this.... You know my people. We tell stories of shape shifters, creatures like you." He said looking at me.

"Shape shifters like me." I repeated and he nodded.