Chapter twenty eight Ruby pov:

The next day , we went back up to the cabin to check on them but when we went inside there was a depressed mood in the air as the 3 mermaids sat around. Seiya had her chin resting on the table as she rubbed her fingernail on it.

"What's wrong?" Maddie asked her concerned.

"No baby." She said getting up from the table with the other mermaids and looked at us.

"You can feel it?" Maddie asked.

"Yes." She said as the three of us sat at another table.

"This happens to humans too. It can be hard for us to get pregnant." Maddie told her.

"Donna had a baby. Did you ever have one?" I asked curiously. I thought about that last night and wondered if she was already a mother to a mermaid we haven't seen yet.

"Sister was older. Maybe when I was ready for baby, water was already bad." Seiya replied sadly,looking at us, and I rubbed her back. As sad as it is that she's struggling with this, a part of me is happy to know she hasn't done this before.

"You try to have baby? With Ben?" Seiya asked Maddie  and she chuckled awkwardly.

"Well no, not yet."

"Why not?"

"It's complicated. A big decision." Maddie said and Seiya looked at me.

"You?" She asked and I blinked at her in surprise.

"Oh no definitely not." I say with a laugh.

"Why?"

"Well there are a few  things I want before having a baby." I say smiling at her.

"What?" She asked staring at me. Why am I being asked so many questions about this? I thought as a blush came to my cheeks as I thought of my answer.

"Well I want to be with someone I love first." I say

"You love me and Maddie and Ben." She stated.

"You're right, I do. But remember with Ben it's not the same." I say, looking at Maddie, looking for help, and she smiled before turning to Seiya.

"Seiya you can't give up." Maddie said to her, changing the subject thankfully.

"Yeah just have faith. It'll happen." I say to her.

"Faith?" She questioned, looking at me

"Yeah, faith is your belief, your trust in something even if you don't know how it'll turn out." I explain to her.

"Yeah, my aunt tried for many years and eventually it happened." Maddie replied.

"How?" Seiya asked turning towards her interested.

"Something called IVF, a medical procedure.They take an egg from you and fertilize it. Basically, they make a baby outside your body with science. Then they place it inside you to grow." Maddie explained.

"This is how female couples get pregnant too sometimes. There are other ways too." I explained and she looked deep in thought.

After we finished talking, we took the other mermaids back to the ocean.
"To do IVY-EFF, you say we need him?" Seiya asked as me and Maddie walked next to her behind the other three along the shore.

"Just to be a donor. We'd need doctors, like at the military lab. It could get complicated having them involved." Maddie told her and she looked away from us before yelling.

"Stop!" She told the other three and they turned to look at her. "He stay. You go back." She told Eliza and Hunter.

"Ummm." I said.