y=4

"Your smile, a shining star in the night sky." Basa ko sa note na nasa bouquet. I just woke up and ito agad ang bumungad sa akin. I smiled upon reading the note. Base from the handwriting I know it's from her. I wandered my eyes around the house but I couldn't see her. Iniisa-isa ko pagcheck ang bawat kwarto at bathroom pero wala siya roon. Lumabas ako at inikot ang buong paligid nang bahay pero hindi ko siya makita.

I worriedly checked the cctv footage in my phone since the cctv of this house is conected to my phone. Pagreview ko ng cctv ay nakita ko na bandang alas dos pala umalis si K at may kasama pa itong lalaking nakaitim. Must be her body guard. Her adoptive parents are powerful business tycoon, especially her mom  that's a lawyer. I know her adoptive parents since they have history with my family. A bad history but that didn't stop me in pursuing her. Recently ko lang din nalaman iyon after the double date we had. I was pissed off that time dahil mukhang nagugustuhan siya nang Jester na iyon. If only I could tell that I guy that I was the first and he should back off but where is my right? 

Masaya na ako sa kung anong pinapakita niya sa akin. Yesterday was the best that I thought I was dreaming about it. Napangiti muli ako nang maalala ang nangyari kahapon. How we dance under the rain. It was romantic that I wanted the time to stop and just let us be in that time.

Naligo na ako dahil may pupuntahan pa ako. It is Saturday today and I have a two day seminar na magiging speaker ako sa Danao City buti na lang nandito na ako sa Carmen kaya madaling byahe na lang. 

After taking a bath I immediately got changed and turned on my phone since last night I didn't want to have disturbance in my time with K but nakatulog agad ako dahil sa pagod. I was forcing myself to stay awake but I couldn't hold it any longer kaya nakatulog ako. My insomnia has been attacking me for years and last night was the best sleep I could ever have. 

I was about to message her but I remembered her phone got wet yesterday and I saw that she threw it away when she was throwing away her clothes. I put my phone down and put the flowers in a vase. I don't know what flower is this. It looks like a rose but doesn't have thorns. I'll ask her na lang kapag nagkita kami ulit and that would be two days from now. Too long I may say but I don't want to be clingy to her dahil baka masakal ito.

I got ready na at umalis narin kaagad sa resthouse dahil hinihintay na ako nang Director ng kompanya ni Mommy. 

Two days went by like a breeze of the wind but that is still too long for me. Gusto ko na ulit makita si K kaya maaga akong papasok ngayon. I drove my car at isang oras din bago ako makarating sa University dahil may dinaanan pa ako. I smiled as I walked out with a paper bag in my hand. 

"Good mood ang kaka twenty six lang oh." Bungad sa akin ni Marie pagkapasok ko pa lang sa office kaya inirapan ko ito but my smile didn't fade away. I feel like smiling the whole day today. Just the thought na makikita ko siya mamaya ay nagpapaka good mood na sa akin. 

"Where's my gift?" I asked at linahad ko pa ang palad ko sa kaniyang harapan. Napabusangot naman ito.

"Nasa condo mo na gaga ka. Inuna mo pa kasi yang pagdate mo kesa pagsama sa amin na salubungin ang birthday mo." Nagtatampong saad niya na ikinangisi ko but nalang wala pa si Luiz dahil silang dalawa talaga ang masusuyo ko ngayon.

"Don't worry it was worth it naman." Malaking ngisi kong sabi na ikinangisi niya rin at sinundut ang tagiliran ko.

"Oi e chika mo na yan sa amin." 

"Yeah later pag nandito na si Luiz because I need to go at may klase pa ako." I said as I glance in my wrist watch. I still have fifteen minutes before the class will start.

"Excited ka lang makita ang bebe mo oi." Pahabol na saad ni Marie and I flipped my hair para magyabang sa kaniya. Binato pa ako ng marker. 

Almost seven minutes din ay narating ko ang building nila K. I swiped my card in the elevator para hindi na ako mahirapan sa pag-akyat nang hagdan. My Tito ave this to me, perks of being the niece of the President of the University. 

Binuksan ko na ang pintuan nang room nila. My eyes immediately went up kung nasaan siya nakaupo and I saw her scribbling in her notebook. I cleared my throat to get there attention. They all greeted me. Not all pala dahil hanggang ngayon ay nakayoko parin  si K. 

"Good morning everyone, one seat apart please. I told you all last meeting that we will have a summative test this Monday and Wednesday you will all gonna take your midterm exam in this course." Panimula ko bago ibigay sa kanila ang instructions sa pagtake nila ng test.

I glance at K's direction pero nakatutok lang ang kaniyang mga mata sa papel na nasa harapan niya. She looks normal except that her aura is cold and distant. I sighed and timed the test. Mamaya ko na lang siya guguluhin. 

"Time's up! Pass your papers to your Mayor." I declared and they were immediately passing it to K who is now still quiet. 

"Mayor follow me to my office." I commanded at lumabas na sa room nila. I was walking slowly dahil hinihintay ko siya but I got surprised when a male species were walking beside me and holding the familiar papers.

"Miss, ako po yung pinapahatid ni Mayor dito sa mga papel dahil may importanteng lakad po raw siya." He explained, if I am not wrong this is Al the Vice Mayor of their class. I sighed in frustration. Gusto ko na siyang makausap.

"Give me that and you can leave now." I said and he handed the papers to me and left. 

Dumiretso na ako sa DMS office at kinuha ang paper bag na dala-dala ko kanina. I left the office and went to my personal office in the admin building. 

Pagkarating ko sa opisina ko ay para akong kinakapos ng hininga. The office was too dark and the lights are painful in the eyes kaya I opened the blinds of the window. Glass ito kaya kita ang nasa baba. I am in the 7th floor at kitang-kita ko ang building ng gym dito and beside it was the old clinic na ngayon ay abandonado na. I was about to turn around and sit down but a very familiar physique caught my eye. 

She was walking towards to the abandoned clinic with a girl na medyo familiar din. I observed them two and base from their body language they were in an argument and suddenly my whole world stopped when the girl leaned on my girl and a lone tear left in my eye as I saw how the girl kissed her and she didn't pushed it away. Nakatalikod si K sa direksyon ko kaya hindi ko makita ang reaksyon niya. 

I turned around and closed the blinds and my gaze went down to the paper bag. This was supposed to be our lunch. I picked up the paper bag and went out to give it to the janitor. 

I was happy three days ago with her. Is this the cost of being happy with her in that moment? My heart is aching, and I don't know what to do with this. Akala ko may pag-asa na. 

I thought that somehow she can be mine.