x=28

"Mom, Dad kumusta po kayo?" I asked after I saw them coming inside the house. I hugged them both and kissed their cheeks. Biglaan ang pagdating nila dahil may party daw silang dadaluhan next week dito sa Pilipinas. 

"Hija we are good. So when will you introduce the person you like to us?" Walang prenong tanong ni Mom sa akin. That caught me off guard dahil akala ko talaga malilimutan nila iyon. 

"Mom, wala po akong nagugustuhan. I lied when I said I have someone in mind." I said a half truth pero binigyan lang ako nang mapagdududang tingin ni Mom.

"Then explain why you asked your body guard to picked flowers for someone?" She crossed her arms as she questioned me. I looked away trying to come up with an alibi. 

"I gave it to friend." Crossed fingers praying that they will buy it. 

"Okay, prepare for our dinner. We will dine outside." Mom said and went upstairs. Dad gave me a tap in the shoulder before following my mom. I sighed heavily at pumunta narin sa kwarto ko.

I took a bath and choose an apricot trouser partnered with a dirty white polo crop top shirt. Bumaba narin ako matapos makapag-ayos dahil alas sais na ng gabi at galing pa sa byahe ang mga magulang ko kaya sigurado ay gutom sila. 

"Nasa kotse na po ang parents niyo po." Our maid said kaya pinasalamatan ko ito bago umalis. Tinungo ko na ang kotse na pinalabas na pala. I slid in the front seat dahil alam kong maglalampungan din ang parents ko sa likod namin. 

"You are here. Let's go." Dad said and the driver adhere to what he said. 

"I already have a reservation to your favorite seafood Restaurant darling." My mom said as she was hugged by dad in the side. Napangiti na lang ako sa nakita ko. For almost twenty eight years of them being together ay hindi talaga nawawala ang sweetness nila sa isa't-isa. I hope to find that kind of love dahil sa biological parents ko ay nagsama lang sila dahil ito ay kinakailangan. That what I realized in love, that it is a luxury that not all people can afford to have. 

"Thanks Mom and Dad. I know you are doing this because of my birthday." I pointed out and my dad smirked at me. 

"Of course, you didn't give us a chance to throw you a party so we will celebrate it there. And we have a surprise for you later." Dad winked at me kaya naman napangiti ako. I don't know what their surprise this year's birthday of mine. Last year they gave me a Cafe because I once said to them that I like to learn mixing and making drinks. I am the owner of the Abandoned Cafe and the employees there don't know except the supervisor and manager. Our cafe already have five branches here in the province of Cebu. 

"What would be the surprise? I hope it isn't extravagant mom and dad." My mom smiled proudly like she just knew that the gift they prepared for me will suit my taste. 

"Oh baby you will surely love it." Mom replied with a sweetest smile, I looked at dad and he smiled at me also. 

"I hope you didn't spend a fortune again. I am fine with simple things." 

"Baby you deserve everything we have given you, even though you are adopted by us two years ago we treat you as our own child and the only child of us. We don't have anyone that we will spend this money on but you." Mom explained and I gave up dahil alam kong may sagot parin siya sa mga reklamo ko. They are spoiling me with lots of things, and also love. I am glad that they adopted me two years ago. If they didn't I may have given up life before. 

"We are here, Maam, Sir and Miss." Announced by our driver. Bumaba na kami at pumasok sa mall. Napangiti ako dahil dito talaga nila napiling magdinner. They hate malls but they did this for me. May branch naman ang favorite restaurant ko sa IT park pero alam nilang mas gusto ko rito. 

We went to the second floor of the mall where the seafood restaurant is located. Nakasunod lang ako kela Dad at Mom na ngayon ay magkahawak kamay. Edi wow sa kanila na merong forever. 

Pumasok na kami sa restaurant at iginiya sa table namin na good for four people. Buti na lang walng inimbita na iba sila Mom. I don't like socializing today. 

"I ordered already so they will send the food in a few minutes." Sabi ni Dad ng akmang tatawag na sana ako ng waiter. Nakaupo sila sa harapan ko ngayon habang magkahawak kamay parin. I don't really know the whole story of their lovelife but my dad said they went into a rough patch before they lived happily ever after. 

"Dad I want that kind of love." I uttered out of nowhere. They looked at me seriously now. 

"What do you mean Darling?" Dad asked in confusion. 

"That kind of love that the two of you both have for each other." I replied and smiled sadly. 

"Oh baby, we all have different kinds of love for each person. The love that I have for your father is something that I can only give that to him and the love that we had for each other cannot be carbon copied for an individual loves differently. Don't hope for this kind of love because it won't come but maybe someday someone will come in your life and redefine love for you. You will surely comeback to us and tell us that your love was different but the best." Mom said and I would want to reply but the foods were coming and my phone rang up. 

I excused myself and went out to answer the call dahil hindi pa naman kami nagsisimulang kumain. 

"Uno, you okay?" Bungad ko agad matapos kong sagutin ang tawag. 

"I have cuts K. I cut my wrist." She said as she was sobbing. My phone almost slipped away. I thought she was already clean. 

"Hey where are you right now?" I asked 

"Bogo" 

"I'll be there before midnight. Wait me, I'll get you out of there. Okay?" 

"Yes, I'll wait." She ended the call and I was about to enter the restaurant again but I saw a very familiar build that is approaching me. She have this gorgeous smile as always. 

"Hey you are here." She said when she was a meter away from me. 

"Yes." The only word I can utter upon being star strucked by her looks and aura. She is beautiful everyday but there is something in her smile that makes her even more beautiful. 

"You didn't reply to my messages." Nagtatampo niyang sabi. Napakamot ako sa batok ko.

"My parents' arrival was tonight so I got busy. They were----" I was cut off.

"Baby, invite that friend of yours and continue your talk inside." Mom said and left us. Tututol sana ako pero mabilis na umalis si Mom. 

"Are you okay joining us for a dinner?" I asked Miss Cruz permission and she gently nod but I can see thru her eyes that she is quite nervous. I chuckled but didn't say anything and guided her towards our table. 

My father isn't shock when she saw Miss. He gave her a warm smile so as my mom. 

"Mom, Dad this is Miss Elena Cruz my errm ahm uhh professor in calculus." I don't know how to introduce her kaya naman nagkandautal-utal ako. 

"Nice meeting you po." Miss Cruz extended her hand for a handshake pero hindi iyon tinanggap ni Mom bagkus ay niyakap niya ito at hinalikan sa pisngi. 

"Welcome to the family hija." Dad said na nagpalaki sa mata ko.

"Dad!" Saway ko sa kaniya na tinawanan naman ako ni Mom dahil sa reaksyon ko. 

"What?" Inosenteng tanong ni Dad kaya naman napailing na lang ako at binigyan ng mapagumanhing tingin sa Miss. She sat down beside me and hold my hand under the table. 

"I'm fine." She said in whisper. 

"If you want to order anything hija just tell us." Dad said as the waiter gave Miss Cruz a plate. 

"I am fine sir." Miss Cruz replied. Which made my mom's brow raise. Oh my goodness.

"You can call us Tita and Tito hija or perhaps Mom and Dad." Pareho kaming nabulunan ni Miss. I was choked by my saliva and she was choked by her water. 

"Mom please." Saway ko sa kaniya. 

"I am not doing anything baby. I am just welcoming another family member."