y=6

"Aren't you afraid of what your parents will say El?" Marie asked and she sat down in the adjacent sofa of where I am seating. I looked intently to my wine glass trying to form courage and tell them that it is bothering and worrying me also. 

"I love them and I am afraid what they will say." I said it. I closed my eyes and drank the wine in the glass. The sweet yet bitter liquor invaded my mouth down to my throat. 

"Then why took the risk?" Luiz asked and I smiled a little bit upon seeing her in my mind. 

"Because she is she." I replied with a smile.

"Ikaw Lu, why not take the risk? You might lose the chance." Marie asked, she filled our glasses of wine afterwards.

"Why take the risk if I already know the answer?" Lu asked back to us and laugh dryly. 

"Why not do something to change the answer?" Makahulugan kong sabi and that made her eyes went up to me.

"Court that person you mean?" I nodded to her question and raised my glass in the air for a toast. 

"No way, I could not." She shook her head a lot of times kaya napatawa kaming dalawa ni Marie. 

"Don't laugh Marie, I heard you are still not making a move." I pointed out and that made Marie stopped laughing but Luiz had a humorous laugh. Napangisi ako sa reaksyon nilang dalawa. 

"I can't. May ibang gusto eh." Malungkot niyang saad, she smiled bitterly and drank her wine. 

Nagkwentuhan pa kami ng mga ilang oras bago nila mapagpasiyahan na umuwi na sa kanilang mga condo. 

I cleaned our mess in the living room but I sat down after thinking again what Marie asked me a while back. I mean I already have calculated my risk. I know K is worth the risk that even our family's feud in the past couldn't break it. But what about my family? Am I ready to tell them that their daughter is courting the daughter of their enemy? 

I shook my head and massaged my temples. Kanina lang kami magkasama ni K pero kinailangan niya nang umuwi dahil may tatapusin pa raw siya. Kakabalik ko lang din ng Maynila dahil sa sinalihan na PSQ competition ng CTU. I am very tired pero pinuntahan ako ng mga kaibigan ko para makichisimis. 

Pagod na pagod ang katawan ko dahil after the competition we were having meetings with other universities that is involved with it. And I need to socialize with my co-coaches. 

Pagod na talaga ako sa mga pangyayari sa buhay ko. My parents are even pressuring me to settle down now and I kept on telling them I still haven't found my the one. Then they offered to play my match maker buti na lang ay napigilan sila ni Kuya. Never will I go out to any of the guys they are trying to match with me. Not now that K is letting me court her. I can't disappoint her. 

Of everything that has been happening to my life I still can't stop thinking about her. I miss her already. Is this what love felt like? That even in a nearest distance you will still miss them? Kanina when I hugged her I felt like I was home and I am scared. What if in the long run I will be the only one who will fall harder? 

My tracks of thoughts came to halt as my phone ring. I picked it up and it was my dad. 

"Dad good evening." I formally greeted him. I am not affectionate towards any of my family and they are the same way towards me. Their sweetness are only for my sister but I have never been jealous about it. She's spoiled by our family and I understand that since she has weaker heart than mine. 

"Good evening, attend a meeting for me tomorrow and afterwards you will be having a lunch date with Edward. Everything is settled my secretary will send the details." Then he hang up without waiting for my reply or should I say protest. I sighed and tossed my phone away. Everything is draining me. 

I looked up to the wall clock and it's already eleven in the evening. I don't care anymore, I wanted to spend the night with her. Lumabas na ako ng condo at sumakay ng elevator. 

Ilang minuto lang ay nakarating na agad ako sa harapan ng apartment building niya. Lumabas na ako ng kotse at umakyat sa ikatatlong palapag. I knocked on the door kahit may susi naman ako. She gave me this because I kept on coming back here. I was about to knock again when a sudden realization hit me. Hindi na pala siya rito umuuwi. She's staying in her condo with Uno. I shook my head in disappointment to myself. 

I turned around para bumaba na but the door opened and it revealed a tall white man. A familiar one. 

"Come in young lady." He said smiling a bit and opened the door widely. I went inside and a sight of an old lady came into me. She was staring at me intently. Very different from our first meeting. 

"Sit down." She gestured the seat in front of her and I silently took it. Why are they here?

"Elena Cruz, you know us right? Not just as an adoptive parents of your student." She started and stared at me in a very cold way. 

"Yes maam." I cleared my throat out of nervousness. The man stood beside the old lady. 

"You know our history between your family?" The man asked. I nodded my head. 

"Is this your family's plan for revenge?" The old lady asked with a furrowed brows. My mouth went agape.

"Of course not maam. I love your daughter. The day I had laid my eyes on her was the day I vowed to myself that I will find her in every corner of the world because I wouldn't waste this lifetime not to be able to have her." I said in full of honesty. I hope my sincerity reaches their souls. Because I cannot afford na pati sila ay tututol sa relasyon naming dalawa. She will be heartbroken. 

"I am quite sad how everything turned out. Our mistake of my wife in the past will make our daughter suffer in the future." The man said in full of sadness. His wife hugged her. Mumbling comforting words to him. 

"I cannot promise that I will not hurt your daughter Sir, Maam because hurt is already part of love, but I can assure you that my intention towards your daughter is pure and no past mistakes or history could ever change that." I sternly said with full of conviction. They looked at me with a sad eyes. 

"We are worried about you two. You know your parents won't allow this." The lady said and I nodded since it is true. Do we really need to suffer because of the past?

"But they can't do anything about it. I will be irrational if ever they will do something to Kaeth. I will not be afraid to fight against them. For twenty-six years of existing here on Earth, I never had experience to want something so bad that it drives me mad, just this one." Saad ko, I saw how Kaeth's mother smiled a bit to my response. 

"You have our full support. Take care of our daughter, she already suffered a lot."

"Suffering is part of life. You have my word that I will suffer with her but I will do my best to make life a bit easier and breathable for her. I love your daughter so much that it I am willing to go beyond my limits just to give her everything she ever wants."