'I'd rather lick a cheese grater'

Smut in the next chapter? Yes or no? 

___

Marionette seemed distraught that morning. Tired, and unresponsive. Every time I asked her a question she jumped. After the whole Adrien Agreste - hickey - situation, I assumed she would be her usual chirpy and bright self, but there was a fog over her that I couldn't understand. 

"Mari, are you okay?" I asked, as we lay together on my bed. She was reading a magazine about Adrien, which she put down so that she could talk to me. 

"Do you ever feel like the world is on your shoulders, but the wind keeps trying to blow you over?" Marinette had never spoken so profoundly before — I had half expected her to say something about Adrien. 

"I...." It took me a second to comprehend what she had just said. "Not really...no?" 

It was the concept of pressure that I didn't understand. If you don't care about anything, then nothing bothers you.

Mari sighed loudly, making me think I should at least try to understand where she was coming from. 

"What do you mean? Like are you feeling pressure from school....or your parents?" I sat up, facing her. 

"There's this um..job..that I have to do," she said vaguely. "It'S sort of top secret so I can't talk about it, but it's a lot of work and not a whole lot of progress. You feel me?" 

My eyes widened. "Yeah. I feel you." 

"Sometimes I feel like it's pointless. It just takes so much out of me." 

I reached out to grab her hand. "Whatever the job is, I'm sure you're doing really great." 

Marinette smiled, and she seemed slightly brighter. "Thanks." 

She went home shortly after I turned the TV on and news of Hawkmoth's latest attack flashed across the screen. I was grateful I didn't have to tell her to leave. 

Ladybug was a pain in my ass. 

The red and black bug flew through the sky by that flimsy yo-yo. She had this look of determination on her face, like she was certain of a hero victory. I watched the Akumatized, donning a gigantic popsicle stick, aim at her like he was swinging a badminton racket. 

Cold, I thought, as Chat Noir laughed on the sidelines. He only jumped in when it was necessary. I noticed this every time they fought together, and I knew it to be their weak spot. 

I would go as far to say that Ladybug and I were cruel enemies at this point, whereas Chat Noir and I barely interacted on the battlefield. We were all getting to know each other too well. The pattern was sickening. 

Today, Ladybug seemed to have lost whatever sanity she was so desperately clinging to, letting out a scream of hysteria that echoed and bounced off of every building in Paris. The Akumatized was gone, transformed into nothing but an innocent Parisian and a white butterfly. But Ladybug wasn't finished quite yet. 

"You bitch!" 

I laughed maniacally. "I'm the bitch?"

Without warning, Ladybug had entwined me in her yo-yo string. I lost my balance, flying onto the hard concrete of the building where I rolled over and over until finally resting on my back. Ladybug stalked towards me, sitting down on my hips. Her fist was poised over my face.

She leaned down to talk right in my ear. "I'm this close to killing your stupid ass right now. You're on my last nerve, Raven. Take this message back to your precious boss."