Turning Point 1 - Academy

Disclaimer: This is a work of fan fiction based on multiple existing anime/manga series. The characters and settings used in this story belong to their respective owners and creators, and no copyright infringement is intended. This story is purely for entertainment purposes and is not intended to infringe upon any existing intellectual property. I do not own any of the original works that inspired this fanfiction, and I fully support the original creators and their works.

- Author Note Start-

Hey guys! Here's the first chapter of the 2nd arc, a rather important one! And a long one... Probably!

Now you may have noticed this chapter came out a little late, and that's for 2 reasons. Firstly, I am busy, unfortunately... this doesn't really pay so I got stuff to do you know!

Secondly, As you can see, this is a significantly longer chapter. This will probably be the new length standard. If you don't like it, send some feedback. Do take note, as the chapters are now longer they logically take longer to write.

Moving on, I have had a good amount of feedback and I'd like to thank you all for it! I have learned about a couple of the story's and MC's flaws. I will try my best to solve them effectively!

I'm grateful you are all so patient! Don't worry, The Ten Shadows will be making its official appearance and explanation next chapter!

I initially planned to showcase it in this chapter, but it turned out this chapter was MUCH LONGER than I initially suspected. So, I had to move it to the next one.

Yes, I know. I'm bad with pacing.

Hope this chapter is interesting for you all!

Now, without further ado... Enjoy the chapter!

'Indicates Thoughts'

"Indicates Speech"

*Indicates an action being done. for example... *Cough* *

""Indicates Multiple Peoples Speech""

(Indicates Author comment thing)

-Author note end-

-Story Start-

-6 Years Following The Nine Tails Attack-

There's this room in the house. It's got a bunch of furniture, like the window's light makes shadows on purpose.

The dresser by the window makes shapes on the floor when the sun shines. The bookshelf's shadows stretch across the wall. A bookshelf filled with children's books and poems. A book called "The Founding Of Konoha", stands out among the more childlike literature.

There's a desk too, nothing fancy. It's got drawings on it. The shadows do their thing there too.

In one corner, a plant tries to get the sun, and there's a regular bed for sleeping. The room's got stuff set up for shadows, like a simple play of light and dark.

Who's bedroom is this?

This is Akira Nara's bedroom of course. And he's rather proud of it. Having crafted it out of sheer boredom and experimentation throughout his years here.

And as the sun has risen, indicating the coming of day.

We see the boy now lying newly awake in his bed, tucked comfortably, his face barely hiding his excitement.

For today is a special day.

Today, Akira goes to school for the first time in this life!

Is it creepy that a man in his collective twenties is excited about going to school?