Expected And Yet Unsettling Guidance

Disclaimer: This is a work of fan fiction based on multiple existing anime/manga series. The characters and settings used in this story belong to their respective owners and creators, and no copyright infringement is intended. This story is purely for entertainment purposes and is not intended to infringe upon any existing intellectual property. I do not own any of the original works that inspired this fanfiction, and I fully support the original creators and their works.

-Story Start-

-Noon Time-

-3 Weeks Following The Entrance Ceremony At The Academy-

-Third Person POV-

The Academy Training Grounds buzzed with excitement as a crowd of six-year-old children whispered and pointed, their eyes fixed on two figures standing across from each other. Their sensei, or more accurately, proctor in this case, was about to announce the start of their duel.

"Ooo~ He'll definitely lose this time!" exclaimed one girl with enthusiastic anticipation.

"Hmm... This is a tough one. I think Akira will win, but... CLOBBER HIM FOR ME, NARUTO!" A Yamanaka girl, eager for Akira's defeat, cheered with a bloodthirsty edge.

"That monster will destroy Akira... My parents told me to stay away from him and never spar with him, no matter what..." muttered a concerned boy, casting worried glances toward the spiky brown-black-haired kid about to face off against the so-called monster.

As you may or may not have guessed...

It was a sparring match between Naruto Uzumaki and...

Our protagonist, Akira Nara.

Curious about Akira's thoughts in this precarious situation?

-Akira POV-

As my name, coupled with 'Uzumaki Naruto,' was called, a dreadful sensation enveloped me.

Making my way there, I decided to cope with it using my thoughts...

You know, I always knew this was going to eventually happen.

It was never really a question of IF. Only WHEN.

I did however cling to the faint hope of this match only coming much later down the line. I don't know, 3 Months? Half a year if I'm lucky? There are like 40 Kids in this class and Sparring isn't an everyday thing as of now if you catch my drift.

And so far, all my spars were really easy pickings.

Civilian children and just two shinobi children.

Then again, the result was the same.

They got outsmarted as well as overpowered by me.

Guess sometimes, my Reincarnated Status has its advantages! Who could have guessed?

Anyway, Skill was relative in all these fights so I've had it easy so far taking all these factors into account.

And, not to toot my own horn, but I've gotten much better.

Is it beating Sasuke levels of better?

I don't know, not planning to try anytime soon. You see, I'm not too keen on getting another piping hot and fresh plate of embarrassment to my ever-increasing collection of them, though I won't lie, I REALLY want to taste victory against that smug kid.

Contradictory much? Indeed, but I'm the type who prefers overwhelming victories over close calls or hard-won battles.

And now, I'm against Fucking Uzumaki Naruto