A War We Don't Belong In - Chapter 1: Satsuki

Disclaimer: This is a work of fan fiction based on multiple existing anime/manga series. The characters and settings used in this story belong to their respective owners and creators, and no copyright infringement is intended. This story is purely for entertainment purposes and is not intended to infringe upon any existing intellectual property. I do not own any of the original works that inspired this fanfiction, and I fully support the original creators and their works.

(Warning Extremely Brutal and Morally Questionable Stuff Will Be Depicted, Hinted at, or Shown. Read at your own discretion)

-Story Start-

-Third Person POV-

Dark rain clouds loomed over the noon sky.

The echoes of muddy steps resonated loudly at the town's entrance - The emblem etched on the entrance, slightly torn, proudly represented the Conservative Group of the Land of Woods.

A sharp, rotten, and pungent smell assailed the visitors.

Team 7 was their identity.

First was Kakashi, his expression and gaze steeling at the recognition of the smell as he continued marching forward without pause.

"Steel yourselves," he declared. His tone was the most serious any of them had ever heard.

Second, Akira also caught wind of the smell.

His eyes widened momentarily before his expression turned blank, and he nodded in agreement.

"I agree." He stated with a tone unlike any other Sasuke and Naruto had ever heard from him.

Both perplexed, Naruto and Sasuke nevertheless steeled themselves as well and nodded.

Naruto, his face contorting in disgust, couldn't help but vocalize his revulsion, "Urgh, what is that rotten smell?!" Blocking his nose, he grimaced at the nauseating odor.

It was only after entering the town and walking a little further that he, along with the rest of Team 7, realized the source of the smell.

Just as Kakashi and Akira had suspected.

-Akira POV-

As we walked further deep into the small town.

A massacre was what met our eyes.

A sight not unfamiliar to me.

But for Naruto...

"BLEGHHHHHHH!" He immediately bent over to vomit out all his lunch.

Sasuke approached and patted Naruto's back to comfort him.

Sasuke appeared to be utterly furious as his teeth gritted and fists were clenched.

We kept silent as we observed the aftermath of whatever occurred here.

Heaps of corpses of both men and women.

Unfortunately, the major makeup was of women and children.

The causes of death were varied and wide.

Some looked as if they were expertly slain - A simple slit throat.

Some looked as if they had been stabbed over a thousand times.

While others were beheaded, bodies strung up and displayed on pikes and such.

And what a few of the bodies of the women looked like, need not be emphasized what had been done to them.

Murdering the defenseless innocents?