Tasteless Victory

Disclaimer: This is a work of fan fiction based on multiple existing anime/manga series. The characters and settings used in this story belong to their respective owners and creators, and no copyright infringement is intended. This story is purely for entertainment purposes and is not intended to infringe upon any existing intellectual property. I do not own any of the original works that inspired this fanfiction, and I fully support the original creators and their works.

-Story Start-

-Morning Time-

-11 Months And 3 Weeks Following The Entrance Ceremony At The Academy-

-Third Person POV-

In a familiar Classroom, kids converse amongst themselves with renewed vigor as they await the arrival of their Sensei to start the day, having digested and accepted the tragedy that occurred only 2 weeks ago, the more cheerful children taking a great deal of the credit to the mood's uplifting.

The kids, innocent and pure, mirror the current mental state of the Village. Tragedy it may have been, but they must move on. Focus on the present. Much like the kids, the adults followed quickly after, the renewed happiness of the children being the light they needed in the face of such a tragedy.

Nevertheless... Mourning can only last so long, in a world accustomed to Death.

However, a somber silence envelops the once-buzzing room upon the expected arrival of the Last Uchiha. Sasuke passes through the door with a detached nonchalance, his face the epitome of apathy.

Nervous, pitying, and worried looks follow his every step as he makes his way towards his designated seat, seemingly unperturbed by the situation as he sits down.

Everyone, even those who sorely lacked tact, knew better than to approach or converse with the Last Uchiha. Opting to continue observing and pitying the boy from afar.

Not everyone, that is.

The sound of someone rising from their seat pierces through the silence, their footsteps echoing clearly.

Eyes turn and widen as they notice the direction the boy is headed.

Towards the Last Uchiha.

As the boy reaches the Uchiha, the Uchiha can't help but raise his head and glare at his... Classmate? Rival? Friend? Acquaintance? standing before him.

Even he doesn't know what he would call him.

But these nuances are irrelevant in regard to the sheer audacity of what the boy conveyed to the Uchiha...

-Akira POV-

In reality, as I stand in front of Sasuke, a remnant of what he used to be, his eyes radiating not even a glimmer of his original innocence.

Hell, I don't even know if this is Sasuke, with how dead those eyes are. An unrecognizable mood for the once more alive boy...

But I can't blame him.

Honestly, there is only one thing I wanted to tell him.

No, I had to tell him.

The reason behind this tactless approach towards a boy who definitely does not want anyone's company.

"Sasuke. I'm so sorry." I genuinely apologized, bowing at a 90-degree angle.

At that moment, I heard a collective gasp from the onlookers.

No response came from Sasuke, so I decided to raise my body back to his eye level to take a look and...

A shiver went down my spine at the anger and hate radiating from Sasuke's now elevated glare.